Resource pools allow you to dynamically distribute bookings among a group of team members in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic. Each Resource pool has its own method for distributing bookings. As bookings come in, you will be able to monitor how many bookings each Team member receives and ensure an optimal distribution of bookings at any point in time.
Each Resource pool has its own method for distributing bookings among Team members. Which Distribution method is right for you depends on your scheduling scenario.
- Round robin: With Round robin assignment, bookings will be assigned to the next Team member in line. When Customers visit your page, they will only see the availability of the designated Team member. This ensures an equal and fair distribution among the members of your pool. Round robin is great when distributing demos or initial consultations to account executives. Each account executive will have an equal opportunity to achieve their sales goals. Learn more about Round robin
- Pooled availability: With Pooled availability, your entire team's availability will be combined into a single booking calendar. When Customers select a time, the booking is automatically assigned to the Team member with the longest idle time, meaning the Team member who has not received a booking in the longest time. Pooled availability allows you to provide maximum availability to customers. This is great for your customer success team, which may be conducting onboarding or support sessions. Learn more about Pooled availability
- Pooled availability with priority: With pooled availability with priority, your entire team's availability will be combined into a single booking calendar. When Customers select a time, the booking is automatically assigned to the available Team member with the highest priority. Pooled availability with priority allows you to provide maximum availability to customers, while ensuring the most qualified Team member conduct your meetings. Learn more about Pooled availability with priority
Resource pool sections
- Overview: This section gives you a summary of your Resource pool’s main properties, including the Distribution method, reporting cycle, time zone, included Booking pages, and which Master pages it is included in. You will also see real-time booking metrics including the number of bookings distributed in your pool, the average number of bookings per Booking page, and the most and least booked Booking pages. Learn more about the Overview section
- Resources: This section is where you determine which Booking pages are included in your Resource pool. For each Booking page, you will see the date joined, whether the page is actively participating and receiving bookings, the number of bookings each page received, and the number of bookings removed. If you are using Pooled availability with priority as your Distribution method, you will also be able to assign each Booking page a priority. If you are using the Round robin distribution method, you will be able to toggle on Automatic correction, to compensate for bookings removed. Learn more about the Resources section