There are many situations where booking should be conditional on the availability of multiple resources, such as when you have multiple conference rooms available in your office and need an available room automatically assigned when someone books a meeting. See the Meeting resources page
In this case, you can create Panel meetings to allow Customers to book a time with both the User and a resource. Time slots will only be offered when both the User and a resource are available.
How to set up
- Go to Setup and create an Event type for your meeting. You will need to use at least one Event type to ensure common settings between the User and resource. If you only have once Event type, name it the subject of your meeting.
- Go back to Setup and create Booking pages for your User and for each of the resources. For example, if you have four conference rooms, create a Booking page for each.
- Go back to Setup and open the left sidebar.
- Click on Resource pools under the Tools section.
- Click Add a Resource pool to create a new Resource pool.
- Name your Resource pool.
- In the Distribution method section, select Pooled availability.
- Select a Reporting cycle.
- Click Save & Edit. You'll be redirected to the Resource pool Overview section.
- Click on your new Resource pool and navigate to the Resources section. Use the drop-down menu to select the Booking pages you created for each of your resources.
- Go back to Setup and create a Master page. Select Rule-based assignment as the Master page scenario.
- Go to the Assignment section of the Master page.
- In the Rule types step, select Dynamic.
- In the Event-based rules step, click Add rule.
- Select the Event types that you want to offer in your Master page.
- Under Primary team member, choose the User's Booking page. The Primary team member owns the calendar event and determines the settings of the meeting, including the location, the booking form, the post-scheduling flow, notifications and third-party integrations.
- Under Additional team members, select the Resource pool you previously created.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Label and instructions section of your Master page. Here you can define the Public labels and Selection instructions for your Master page. You should define what a Panel member represents.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Public content section of your Master page and define the information that Customers will see when they visit your Master page.
You are all set! When Customers visit your Master page, they will only see time slots when the User and at least one of the resources are available. Once the Customer selects a time, the booking will be automatically assigned to a resource.