Resource pools allow you to dynamically distribute bookings among a group of Team members in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic. After you've created a Resource pool and added all the relevant Booking pages to it, you'll need to add the Resource pool to a Master page to start distributing bookings to your pool members.
In this article, you'll learn how to add a Resource pool to a Master page.
- To create or edit a Master page, you must be a OnceHub Administrator.
- Resource pools can ONLY be added to Master pages with a Rule-based assignment scenario and Dynamic rules.
Adding Resource pools to Master pages
- Click Setup in the top navigation bar.
- Click the Plus button in the Master pages pane to create a new Master page.
- The New Master page pop-up appears (Figure 1).
- After defining the Master page's Public name, Internal label and Public link, select Rule-based assignment as the Scenario.
- Click Save & Edit. You'll be redirected to the Master page Overview section to continue editing your settings.
- Go to the Assignment section of the Master page.
- In the Rule types section, select Dynamic (Figure 2).
- In the Event-based rules section, click Add rule.
- Select which Event types will be offered in your Master page (Figure 3). For each Event type you want to add, you'll need to add a new rule. Master pages with Dynamic rules can only include Event types configured to Automatic booking and Single session. Learn more about conflicting settings when using Dynamic rules
- Next, use the Primary team member drop-down to select which Resource pool should provide that Event type.
- Finally, if your Event type requires participation from multiple Team members simultaneously, you can create Panel meetings by adding any number of Additional team members. These Team members can be defined by selecting specific Booking pages or by selecting Resource pools.
NoteThe same Resource pool cannot be selected as the Primary team member and as the Additional team member in a single rule. Learn more about conflicting settings when using Dynamic rules
- You can use the same Resource pool across multiple rules, and you can use multiple Resource pools per rule and across rules. This ultimately allows you to have multiple distribution methods on a single Master page.
- Reorder the Event types to ensure they appear on your Master page in the order that you want. You can move a row up or down by clicking on the left side of the row and dragging to the position you want (Figure 4).
- Click Save.
Your Master page with Resource pools is now ready to go! When a Customer schedules using this Master page, bookings will be assigned to pool members according to the pool's distribution method. Once your pool starts to receive bookings, you'll have real-time visibility of how many bookings each Team member received and how many bookings were removed.