This article explains the setup for booking conditional on the availability of a single resource. If you need to book appointments conditional on the availability of multiple resources, see the Booking conditional on the availability of multiple resources article.
There are many situations where bookings should be conditional on the availability of a single resource, like a specific conference room. In this case, you can create Panel meetings to allow Customers to book a time with both the User and the resource. Time slots will only be offered when both the User and the resource are available.
How to set up
- Go to Setup and create an Event type for your meeting. You will need to use at least one Event type to ensure common settings between the User and resource. If you only have one Event type, name it with the subject of your meeting.
- Go back to Setup and create two Booking pages: one for the User and a second one for the resource.
- Go back to Setup and create a Master page. Select Rule-based assignment as the Master page scenario.
- Go to the Assignment section of the Master page.
- In the Rule types step, select Dynamic.
- In the Event-based rules step, click Add rule.
- Select the Event types that you want to offer in your Master page.
- Under Primary team member, choose the User's Booking page. The Primary team member owns the calendar event and determines the settings of the meeting, including the location, the booking form, the post-scheduling flow, notifications, and third-party integrations.
- Under Additional team members, select the Booking page you created for your resource. If the Primary team member is connected to a calendar, the resource will be added as a guest to the calendar event and be cc'ed on all notifications.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Label and instructions section of the Master page. Here you can define the Public labels and Selection instructions for your Master page. You should define what a Panel member represents here.
- Click Save.
- Go to the Public content section of the Master page and define the information that Customers will see when they visit your Master page.
You're all set! When Customers visit your Master page, they will only see time slots when the User and resource are available.