Resource pools allow you to dynamically distribute bookings among a group of team members in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic. Each Resource pool has its own method for distributing bookings, such as Round robin, Pooled availability, or Pooled availability with priority. This article explains the Pooled availability distribution method and how to set up a Resource pool with Pooled availability.
When should I use Pooled availability?
Pooled availability is a Customer-focused Distribution method and should be used if providing Customers with the maximum number of time slots is most important. For example, you may want to use Pooled availability to distribute onboarding or support sessions to your customer success team.
How are bookings assigned with Pooled availability?
To distribute bookings among team members in your pool, you must add it to a Master page. When a Customer visits your Master page, they will your entire teams' combined availability. Once they select a time, the booking is automatically assigned to the available team member with the longest idle time, meaning the last team member who received a booking.
How do I create a Resource pool that uses Pooled availability?
- Go to Setup, open the left sidebar and select Resource pools in the tools section.
- Click the blue button to create a new Resource pool. The New Resource pool popup appears. (See Figure 1)
- Name your Resource pool.
- Select Pooled availability as the Distribution method.
- Select a Reporting cycle.
- Click Save & Edit. You will be redirected to the Resource pool Overview section.
- Navigate to the Resources section and select which Booking pages to include in the dropdown.
- Make sure to add your Resource pool to a Master page. Bookings will not be distributed to pool members until the Resource pool is included in a Master page.