The Salesforce setup process includes 5 phases: API connection, Installation, Field validation, Field mapping, and Creation rules. The Field mapping step includes a default mapping and the option to map any ScheduleOnce fields to non-mandatory Salesforce fields.
In this article, you will learn how to map ScheduleOnce fields to non-mandatory Salesforce fields.
To map non-mandatory fields, you must:
Some ScheduleOnce fields are mapped to non-mandatory Salesforce fields by default. We recommend keeping the mapping as is and not removing mapped data from the integration. This will enable you to gather the basic Customer data and booking data in Salesforce.
Other ScheduleOnce fields can be mapped to additional non-mandatory Salesforce fields. You can remove them from the mapping by unchecking each field.
ImportantThe default mapping includes mapping for all objects supported by the Salesforce integration: Lead, Contact, Event, Account, and Cases. However, not all fields will always be in use. This depends on your booking activity and the Booking pages used.
Adding new ScheduleOnce fields
You can add ScheduleOnce fields and map them to non-mandatory Salesforce fields. This allows you to map data tracked in ScheduleOnce to Lead, Contact, Case, Account, or Event records.
You cannot map ScheduleOnce fields to Salesforce universally required Custom fields. Required fields must be mapped in the Field validation mapping step.
ImportantScheduleOnce fields requiring Customer input must be added to the Booking form. Otherwise, the field will be automatically added to the Booking form at the time of the booking and you will not have control over its location in the form. Learn more about adding Custom fields to the Booking form
To add a ScheduleOnce field and map to a Salesforce field, follow these steps:
- In the Salesforce connector setup, go to the Field Mapping tab.
- At the bottom left of the table, click the Add ScheduleOnce fields button (Figure 1).
- The Add ScheduleOnce fields pop-up will open (Figure 2). You can see the list of ScheduleOnce System fields and Custom fields with corresponding field types that can be mapped to Salesforce field types.
The Salesforce fields include all the fields stored in Salesforce (Custom and Standard fields) that are supported by the mapping for the selected ScheduleOnce field. Learn more about the supported and non-supported Salesforce field types.
NoteThere is a two-way mapping between Salesforce and ScheduleOnce. For this reason, you can only map one ScheduleOnce field to one Salesforce field.
From ScheduleOnce to Salesforce:
When a booking is made, all data is mapped from ScheduleOnce to Salesforce.
From Salesforce to ScheduleOnce:
When scheduling with existing Salesforce records using Personalized links (Salesforce ID), Customer data is mapped from Salesforce to ScheduleOnce in order to prepopulate or skip the Booking form.
- Use the Filter by drop-down menu to select a category if required.
- Check the box next to each field you would like to add.
- Click Add fields.
- Click Save, or Save and Continue if you have completed mapping all fields.
Deleting a mapped field
- In the ScheduleOnce fields list, click the delete icon beside the added field you want to delete (Figure 3).
- In the Remove ScheduleOnce field pop-up, click Yes.
- Click Save.