You can test your Custom templates by creating a test booking and filling out a Booking form as if you were a Customer. You can perform several of these test bookings to test every template you have created in every relevant scenario.
In this article, you'll learn how to test a Custom notification template.
Testing the Custom notification template
- In the Booking form section of your Booking page or Event type, use from the Booking form drop-down menu to select a Booking form (Figure 1).
- In the Customer notification section of your Event type or Booking page, select a template for each Notification scenario you want to send notifications for (Figure 2).
- In the User notifications section of your Booking page, select a template for each Notification scenario you want to send notifications for (Figure 3).
- In the Booking page Overview section of your Booking page, click on the public link in the Share & Publish section.
- Schedule a meeting and fill out the Booking form that you created as if you were a Customer.
- Click Done.
- You can now check that you received a confirmation email and SMS.
If you're using Booking with approval mode, you can click Approve the booking request in your User email notification. Learn more about scheduling booking requests
You can also check that the calendar event was added to your calendar. Learn more about calendar events
- Finally, you can choose to cancel or reschedule the booking, or let the booking run its course and test the reminder and follow-up messages.
During the testing, you should check the following:
- The text is written the way you want.
- The correct Dynamic fields were chosen.
- The spacing/formatting is correct.
- That you are sending emails and SMS notifications for the required booking notifications.