You can test your Custom templates by creating a test booking and filling out a Booking form as if you were a Customer. You can perform several of these test bookings to test every template you have created in every relevant scenario.
In this article, you'll learn how to test a Custom notification template.
Testing the Custom notification template
- In the Booking form section of your Booking page or Event type, select the Booking form you want to use (Figure 1).
- In the Notification templates editor, create your Custom notification templates. If you are going to use both email and SMS notifications, create templates for both using the Email notification and SMS notification tabs.
- In the Customer notification section and the User notifications section, select a template for each scenario you wish to send notifications for.
- If you want to receive User SMS notifications, enter a phone number in your Profile's Personal details section.
- Go Setup and open the the Booking page you edited. Click on the public link.
- Schedule a meeting and fill out the Booking form you created as if you were a Customer. Click Done.
- You can now view the following:
- Finally, you can choose to trigger a cancelation or a reschedule or let the booking run its course and test the reminder and follow-up messages.
During the testing you should be check the following:
- The text is written the way you want.
- The correct Dynamic fields were chosen.
- The spacing/formatting is correct.
- That you are sending emails and SMS notifications for the relevant Booking notifications.