The Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer is a useful tool for a several purposes:
- Determine your EWS URL (if EWS is enabled).
- Verify that your work email is managed on an Exchange server.
- Verify Exchange connectivity.
To use this tool you will need:
- Your Outlook email address and password.
- Your Domain\UserName - Enter your email in this field if Domain\UserName are not used in your organization.
- The domain - Can usually be found in the documentation explaining how to connect a mobile phone or email client to your work mail account.
- Your user name - This is usually the internal ID with which you log into internal systems.
Open Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer, and follow these steps:
- Select the third option under the first tab - Synchronization, Notification, Availability, and Automatic Replies and click Next.
- Fill out (all fields are required): Email, Password and Domain\UserName (with a backslash). Try your email address if you don't know your Domain\UserName.
- Check the "I understand..." checkbox.
- Complete the verification test and click Verify.
- Click Perform Test button at bottom right.
- Wait for the results and verify that the connectivity icon is green.
- Click Expand all text.
- Press Ctrl + F keys on your keyboard to open the browser's search box.
- Type ewsurl (one word, no spaces).
- Copy the EWS URL, located between the <EwsUrl> tags, without the tags.
Go back into your ScheduleOnce account and paste the EWS URL in the appropriate field in the connection box.