This article is updated to our latest release, which is being rolled out to all Users gradually.
If you see a Schedule button in the top navigation menu, you are viewing the updated version of OnceHub. Otherwise, you can expect to see this in the near future. Please contact us with any questions.
With ScheduleOnce, you can generate one-time links which are good for one booking only, eliminating any chance of unwanted repeat bookings. A Customer who receives the link will only be able to use it for the intended booking and will not have access to your underlying Booking page. One-time links can be personalized, allowing the Customer to pick a time and schedule without having to fill out the Booking form.
For example, you may have a Customer who wants to schedule a Support meeting to resolve a specific issue. However, you want to restrict access to your Support team because their time is limited. You can send this Customer a one-time link to schedule a booking for this specific issue.
After the Customer schedules the booking, they won't be able to use that one-time link to schedule bookings for any other issues.
If you change the Rule type of your Master page from Dynamic to Static, Customers will not be able to schedule using any one-time links that you previously generated for that Master page.
If a Customer used a one-time link to make a booking before you changed the Rule type from Dynamic to Static, that booking can be cancelled but not rescheduled.
To create a Rule-based assignment Master page with Dynamic rules, you must be a OnceHub Administrator.
Generating a one-time link
To generate a one-time link:
1. Click the Schedule button in the top navigation bar (Figure 1).
2. Toggle the One-time link option to ON (Figure 2).
You can also generate a one-time link in the Overview section of the relevant Master page:
- Go to Setup in the top navigation bar.
- Select the relevant Master page that you would like to generate a one-time link for.
- In the Master page Overview section, click Generate a one-time link in the Share & Publish section (Figure 3).
- The One-time link pop-up will open (Figure 4).
- Toggle Personalize link to ON if you would like to personalize the one-time link for a Customer (Figure 3). Enter a Customer name and Customer email.
NoteWhen you personalize a one-time link, the Booking form step will be skipped. Skipping the Booking form step allows for a quicker booking process for your Customers.
You can choose to show the Booking form by changing the Skip URL parameter to "&skip=0". Learn more about using ScheduleOnce URL parameters
- Click Copy & close to copy the one-time link to your clipboard and close the pop-up. You can then paste the one-time link into an email or instant message and send it to your Customer.
Generating a one-time link for an individual Booking page
You can use the following workaround if you need to generate a one-time link for an individual Booking page.
- Create a new Master page with Rule-based assignment.
- Go to the Assignment section of the Master page.
- In the Rule types section, select Dynamic (Figure 3).
- In the Event-based rules section, click Add rule.
- Select which Event types will be offered on your Master page (Figure 4). For each Event type you want to add, you'll need to add a new rule. Master pages with Dynamic rules can only include Event types configured to Automatic booking and Single sessions. Learn more about conflicting settings when using Dynamic rules
- Next, use the Primary team member drop-down to select the specific Booking page that you would like to create a one-time link for. Select this Booking page for each Event-based rule you have created.
- Click Save.
- Access the Schedule button or go back to the Master page Overview section and generate a one-time link.