Master pages with Booking pages first allow Customers to first select which Booking page they prefer. They then choose an Event type from among those associated with that Booking page. Finally, the Customer schedules the meeting. The preexisting associations between Booking pages and Event types determine which Event types are offered.
The Customer flow
With Booking pages first, the Customer first selects the Booking page they prefer. The Customer then chooses an Event type from among those offered by the Booking page. After having selected an Event type, the Customer sees the availability of the Booking page they selected. They can now choose a date and slot and schedule the meeting.
Note If there is only one Booking page included in the Master page, the Customer skips selecting a Booking page, moving directly to choosing an Event type. If the selected Booking page offers only one Event type, the Customer skips selecting an Event type, moving directly to choosing a time slot.
Setting up the Master page
- Go to Setup and click the Plus button in the Master pages pane. The New Master page pop-up appears (See Figure 1).
- Populate the pop-up: Define the Public name of the page that will be visible to Customers as the page title, define the Internal label that is only visible internally, and define the Public link that will be used by Customers to access the page. In the Scenario field, select Booking pages first (Event types second). Finally, you can add a Image or photo to your page that will be visible to Customers. Click Save & Edit.
- Navigate next to the Labels and instructions section. Here you define the public labels for the different entities in your Master page. You also customize instructions that will help your Customers make the right selections during the scheduling process.
- Once you have defined the Labels and instructions, navigate to the Public content section. In this section, you determine what your Customers see when they visit your Master page. You can set a name and title, upload an image, edit the logo and design, provide your contact details, link to your social media profiles, and write a welcome message. This content will help your Customers get to know you and your organization, and give them more information about the meeting they are scheduling.
- Your Master page is complete and ready to be published and shared!