Whether or not a Customer can reschedule a booking is subject to the Cancel/reschedule policy that you've set on your Booking page or Event type. The Reschedule policy only applies to scheduled bookings.
In this article, you'll learn about the steps that a Customer takes to reschedule a single booking.
How Customers reschedule a single booking
- The Customer clicks the Cancel/Reschedule link in the scheduling confirmation email (Figure 1) or in the calendar event.
- The Cancel/reschedule page will open. In the Reschedule tab, the Customer clicks See available times (Figure 2) and then selects a new date and time.
- If your Cancel/reschedule policy asks for a reason for rescheduling, the Customer will be prompted to provide one.
- The Booking form step is skipped, since all the required information was already provided by the Customer when they made the booking.
- Once the booking has been rescheduled, an email notification is sent to the Customer, the Booking owner, and any additional stakeholders.
If you use Payment integration, you can charge Customers a reschedule fee when they reschedule a booking. This enables you to generate an additional revenue stream and reduces unnecessary rescheduling activity.