The Salesforce setup wizard includes 5 phases: API connection, Installation, Field validation, Field mapping, and Creation rules. In this article, you will learn how to connect ScheduleOnce to an API user created in your Salesforce production account or in your Salesforce sandbox environment.
Note You can connect the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce to a Salesforce Sandbox environment and keep your Salesforce connector setup when switching back to your production environment. Learn more about connecting to a Salesforce sandbox environment
Since the ScheduleOnce connector can create new standard records when a booking is made, it is critical that the permission to create new records always exists. For this reason, all API calls between ScheduleOnce and Salesforce are made via a special API User that is granted the appropriate permission set. This ensures that new records can always be created, and at the same time, the permissions of individual Salesforce users are not altered.
Important The API User does not need to be unique for ScheduleOnce. If you already have an API User that is used to connect to a different third party application, you can use that API User for the ScheduleOnce connection.
To connect the API User to ScheduleOnce, you will need:
- A ScheduleOnce Administrator
- A Salesforce Administrator for your organization
The Salesforce API User
To connect to ScheduleOnce, the Salesforce API User must have the following characteristics in your Salesforce account:
- The User License field must be Salesforce. The Salesforce User license is designed for users who require full access to standard CRM and Force.com AppExchange apps. Users with this user license are entitled to access the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce managed application.
- The Profile field must be System Administrator. The System Administrator profile must include the API Enabled profile permission and the ModifyAllData permission to ensure the access to the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce connected app.
Connect to a Salesforce API User
Important You must log out of Salesforce before proceeding so that the connection is using the API user created above. This ensures all communication between ScheduleOnce and Salesforce is via the correct user.
To connect to your API user:
- Log in to your ScheduleOnce account.
- Go to Setup -> Open left sidebar -> Integrations -> CRM integration.
- In the Salesforce box, click the Setup button (see Figure 1).
On the API Connection step, click Connect an API User to connect to an API User created in your Salesforce production environment (see Figure 2).
If you are testing the connector in your Salesforce sandbox environment, you should check the Connect to a Salesforce Sandbox environment checkbox and connect to an API User created in your Salesforce Sandbox environment (see Figure 3).
On the Salesforce login page, enter the Username and Password of your API User.
ImportantIf ScheduleOnce automatically logged you to the wrong Salesforce User, you must disconnect and log out of Salesforce before trying to connect to the API User again.
- Salesforce asks you to grant permissions to the ScheduleOnce connector, click Allow (see Figure 4).
- You are redirected back to ScheduleOnce and the API user is connected (see Figure 5).
Click Continue to begin the installation.