Booking reassignment allows you to change the Owner of a booking from your Activity stream. This article will walk you through the steps involved in reassigning a booking.
To reassign a booking:
- You must be an Admin. Additionally you must be the Booking owner, an Editor, or a Viewer of the booking you wish to reassign.
- The Booking page must either be connected to Google Calendar or not connected to a calendar.
- The meeting type must be a one-on-one meeting.
- Navigate to your Activity stream and select the booking you wish to reassign. In the Details pane, click the action menu (three dots). This generates a menu. Now, click the Reassign booking action. This launches the Reassignment Wizard. (See Figure 1)
Note If the Reassign booking action is not available for the booking, it means that the booking is not eligible for reassignment. Learn more about the eligibility for Booking reassignment
In Step 1 of the Reassignment wizard, select the Booking page to which you would like to reassign the booking. You can filter Booking pages by Owner or by availability using the drop-down menu. You can reassign a booking to a Booking page labeled Yes or No under the Available column.
Yes means the Booking page is available at the designated time.
No means the Booking page is either busy at the designated time or that the designated time is outside of the User’s recurring or date-specific availability. You can still reassign the booking to a Booking page that is not available.
Note If the Booking page is labeled Error, it means that the page cannot accept bookings due to a system error. It might be because the target Booking page is disabled or there are Calendar integration errors. If the original Booking page is not connected to Google Calendar, while the target Booking page is not or vice versa, you will see a system error and won't be able to reassign the booking to this page.
- Select the appropriate Booking page and click Next. (See Figure 2)
- In Step 2 of the Reassignment wizard, write the reason for the reassignment (optional) and click next. The Booking reassignment reason is shown in the Details pane of the Activity stream for a reassigned booking. It is also included in the email notifications sent to original and new Booking owners and editors. This allows you to communicate the reason for reassigning a booking to relevant Users.
- In Step 3 of the Reassignment wizard, review the details of your chosen reassignment. You will see the Booking page name, Booking owner, and Booking page timezone for both the original and new Owner. Confirm the information is correct and click Reassign booking.
- In Step 4 of the Reassignment wizard, you will receive confirmation that the booking has been successfully reassigned.