The Booking forms editor is an advanced WYSIWYG editor (What You See Is What You Get) that allows you to collect information from your Customers during the booking process. You choose the questions in the Booking form and the order in which they are presented, giving you control over your Customer’s booking experience.
The information you collect on the Booking form can be used in a number of ways, including:
- Personalizing email notifications
- Personalizing SMS notifications
- Updating ScheduleOnce reports that can be customized to show specific data received from your Customers, to be viewed in ScheduleOnce or exported to a PDF or Excel spreadsheet
- Updating your CRM by mapping specific System or Custom fields to your CRM's fields
- Enhancing the Customer's overall booking experience and allowing them to provide you with further insight into their circumstances
The Booking forms editor can be found in Setup by opening the left sidebar. Select Tools -> Booking forms editor.
Getting to know the Booking forms editor
Booking form menu (left)
This is where you view the Booking forms in your account and create new Booking forms. You will see a list which contains a default Booking form provided by ScheduleOnce and any custom Booking forms that have been created by you or other Users.
New Booking form – Creates a new Booking form which can be modified by you.
Copy – Copies the selected Booking form.
Rename – Allows you to rename the selected Booking form. (The default Booking form cannot be renamed.)
Delete – Allows you to delete the selected Booking form. This action cannot be undone.
Editing pane (middle) – The Editing pane is where you can create the content of your Booking forms.
Add fields to the Booking form – Fields are added from the Fields library located to the right of the Editing pane.
Remove fields – Click the X that says “Remove field” next to it.
Add Custom field to library – If you want to collect information that you don’t see accounted for, you can create a field for it in the Fields library. Learn more about Custom fields
Choose the order of your fields - Use the arrows on the right side of each field to change the order in which they appear.
Choose which fields will be mandatory and which will be optional – Check the box on the right of the field to make the field mandatory. Mandatory fields must be filled out in order for a Booking to be made.
Edit System fields - Click the “edit” icon next to the field title:
- Customize the field title. This is the title that will be displayed to Customers.
- Add a subtext to help explain the information being collected in the field or why you are asking your Customers for this information. Links can be added to this text. Learn more about System fields
Edit Custom fields - Click the “edit” icon of the field in the Fields library.
- Customize the field title. This is the title that will be displayed to customers.
- Add a subtext to help explain the information being collected in the field or why you are asking your Customers for this information. Links can be added to this text.
You can review your Booking form anytime by selecting the “Preview” link at the top of the Editing pane.
NoteThe Email and Name fields cannot be removed because ScheduleOnce needs this basic information in order to confirm the booking with your Customer.
Fields library pane (Right)
The Fields library contains all of the fields available to be used in the Booking form. This is where you add fields to your Booking form and create your own Custom fields. Learn more about the Fields library
Using information collected in your Booking form
All data collected via the form is available in your ScheduleOnce reports. You can select the fields you want to display in any Detail report in the Reports section. Learn more about viewing collected information from your Booking form
The information collected via the Booking form is used in email and SMS notifications to you and the Customer. For example, when a Customer makes a booking an email is sent to you with the Customer’s name, email address and any other fields that you chose to include in the Booking form. The Customer will receive a personalized confirmation email with the details of the appointment they just made.
Learn more about:
You can create your own custom email and SMS notifications from the data collected in the Booking form.
Learn more about: