This section outlines the effects of cancellation in different lifecycle phases. Learn more about the different lifecycle phases
When the Customer cancels a booking in Scheduled, or Rescheduled status, or when the Owner cancels a booking in Scheduled, Rescheduled, No-show, or Completed status, the following actions take place:
- The owner, any additional stakeholders, and the Customer are notified via email. Learn more about Customer notification scenarios
- In the Activity stream, the activity is updated with a Canceled status and the Activity counter is incremented.
- The previously-booked time slot becomes available.
- When using ScheduleOnce with a connected calendar:
- The Owner's calendar event includes "CANCELED" in the title, so that it is easy to spot that this booking was canceled. However, the calendar event is not deleted.
- The Owner's calendar event changes its status to "Free" or "Available." This frees up the slot to accept new bookings.
- If the Customer is added to the calendar event, the Customer will receive an updated calendar invite email with "CANCELED" in the title. The status of the calendar event will be automatically changed to "Available" or "Free."
- When using Payment integration, refunds can be processed manually or automatically via ScheduleOnce. Learn more about processing Refunds via ScheduleOnce
- When the Owner cancels the booking and refunds are processed manually via ScheduleOnce, a MANUAL REFUND VIA SCHEDULEONCE transaction is added to the Payment details tab of the cancelled activity. (See Figure 1)
- When the Customer cancels the booking and refunds are processed automatically via ScheduleOnce, an AUTOMATIC REFUND (CANCELLATION) refund transaction is added to the Payment details tab of the cancelled activity.
NoteWhen a booking request in Requested status is canceled:
-On the Activity stream, the canceled activity will change its status to "Canceled" and will move to the top.
-If the cancellation was created by the Customer, a new activity counter will be added on the Activity stream tab and the activity will be bold.