In some cases, you'll need to validate the type of data input provided by your Customer. To validate data received from your Customers, you can use web form integration and place a lead generation form in front of the Booking page. The form will act as a "gatekeeper" and force Customers to provide the correct data format before passing the data to ScheduleOnce. Most third-party forms and custom forms can provide this kind of data validation.
For example, you might ask Customers for their date of birth and want to make sure they use a valid date format. In this example, your Wufoo form will act as the gatekeeper and will collect dates of birth using a valid date format. It should also use the Customer name and email fields, passing their content to ScheduleOnce using Wufoo’s templating feature.
Validating the date of birth field on your Booking form with Wufoo forms
- Integrate ScheduleOnce with your Wufoo form using URL parameters.
- In the Wufoo Form manager, create a new form or edit an existing form.
- In the Add a Field tab, click the Date field to add it your form (Figure 1).
- In the Field settings tab, you can edit the field label to be "date of birth". You can also edit the date format.
- Click Save Form. Your Wufoo form is now configured to validate the Booking form data.
Next, you'll use web form integration to pass the data from Wufoo to ScheduleOnce. The same concept can be used to validate other types of data.
ImportantYou should use one of the Wufoo sharing options to invite your Customers to schedule. Don’t share the ScheduleOnce Booking page directly, as this will bypass the additional logic applied on the Wufoo form step.