You can use the Notification templates editor to customize the email and SMS notifications that are sent to Customers and Users.
In this article, you'll learn how to create Custom email or SMS templates for email and SMS notifications.
Accessing the Notification templates editor
Custom templates are created in the Notification templates editor. To access the editor, go to Setup and open the left sidebar. Select Tools -> Notification templates editor.
Creating a notification template
There are three ways to create a customized notification template. You can create a new template based on the Default template, copy an existing template you previously created or create a blank template
Creating a new template based on the Default template
If you like the Default template and you want to make small changes to it, you can create a template based on the default template and then customize it according to your needs.
- Select the Notification scenario you wish to work on from the Notification scenario dropdown menu. Learn more about each Notification scenario
- Click the New Custom template button in the left pane.
- In the New Custom template pop-up, enter a name for your template (It can be changed later.)
- Select the option Based on default template under the Template content field (Figure 3).
- Click Save.
Copying an existing template
If you like a template that you've already created in the editor, you can copy it make a changes to it, or use it in a different scenario.
- Select the template you wish to copy from the Templates list.
- Click the Copy icon.
- In the Copy template pop-up, use the drop-down menu to select the Notification scenario you want to use the template in.
- Click Copy.
Creating a Blank template
If you want to create a very specific, fully customized notification template, you can create a Blank template.
- In the Notification scenario drop-down menu, select the Notification scenario you wish to work on. Learn more about each Notification scenario
- Click the New Custom template button.
- In the New Custom template pop-up, enter a name for your template (It can be changed later).
- Select the option Blank template under the Template content field.
- Click Save.
Editing Custom templates
The Notification templates editor has two modes: WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) and HTML. The WYSIWYG mode allows you to edit template content while viewing the content in the format it will appear. The HTML mode allows you to edit the HTML code directly.
You can add Dynamic fields to your notification templates to dynamically add variable data to your emails and SMS notifications so that they are personalized to the User or Customer and scenario. For example, emails and SMS can include the Customer’s name and the meeting time and price if you are charging for an Event type. Learn more about Dynamic fields
Adding a Dynamic field
- Place the cursor in the place in the template you wish to insert the Dynamic field.
- Click your desired Dynamic field from the choices in the “Dynamic Fields” column on the right.
- The chosen Dynamic field will appear in the selected location in the template.
To remove a Dynamic field, Click on the X in the Dynamic field you wish to remove.
Note: When using Dynamic fields, you need to be sure that the data exists in your account. For example, Event type price is one of the Dynamic fields available to you. However, if you do not enter an Event type price in the Event type Payment/cancel and reschedule policy section, no data will be displayed for this field in your emails and SMS. Learn more about Dynamic fields
Where are notification templates used?
Notification templates are used in specific notification scenarios. You can select which notification template is used in each scenario in the relevant section in your ScheduleOnce Setup page.
Customer notifications template
The Customer notification templates are used in the Customer notifications section. To edit which notifications Customers receive, go to Setup -> Relevant Booking page -> Customer notifications.
NoteIf your Booking page is linked to one or more Event type, the Customer notifications section will be on the Event type.
User notifications template
The User notification templates are used in the User notifications section. To edit which notifications Users receive, go to Setup -> Relevant Booking page -> User notifications.
Calendar event template
The Calendar event template is used in the User notifications section. To edit which template is used in the Calendar event, go to Setup -> Relevant Booking page -> User notifications.
Website widget inquiries template
The Website widget inquiries templates are used in the Website widget setup. To edit which website widget template is used, go to Share & Publish -> Website widget -> Widget content -> Email.