This article only applies if you use our PayPal integration to collect payments from your Customers. If you have any questions on how we bill you as a OnceHub Customer, go to the Account billing article.
When you disconnect from PayPal, you cannot accept payments or process refunds via OnceHub. The following events occur upon disconnection:
- Your PayPal account is disconnected from OnceHub.
- The automatic billing from OnceHub will be canceled.
- Your Event types are automatically set to Display a price but do not collect payment via OnceHub.
In this article, you will learn how to disconnect from PayPal.
To disconnect from PayPal, you must be a OnceHub Administrator.
Disconnecting from PayPal
- Hover over the lefthand menu and go to the Booking pages icon → Event types → your Event type → Payment and cancel/reschedule policy section.
- Adjust your settings. You can either not display a price or display a price without collecting payment via OnceHub.
Note If you do not adjust your payment settings before disconnecting your Paypal account, OnceHub will automatically set your Event types to display a price but do not collect payment via OnceHub. In this case, your cancellation and reschedule policy settings remain unchanged, but you will not be able to accept payments or issue refunds via OnceHub.
- Hover over the lefthand menu and go to the Booking pages icon → open the lefthand sidebar → Integrations → Payment.
- Click Disconnect. A pop-up appears informing you that disconnecting your PayPal account will:
- Disable PayPal payment for your Event types
- Cancel the automatic billing from OnceHub
- Click Yes.
You are now disconnected and cannot accept payments or process refunds via OnceHub.