In this article, you'll learn how to assign the ScheduleOnce Permission Set to the API User in Salesforce.
Permission Sets in Salesforce define what functions and features your Users have access to in Salesforce. To use the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce, you must assign the appropriate Permission Set to your API User.
The ScheduleOnce Permission Set assigns permissions to work with Lead, Contact, Case, Account, and Activity records. This will allow the ScheduleOnce connector to create and update records through the API User.
To assign the ScheduleOnce permission set, you will need:
- A Salesforce Administrator for your organization.
- An installed ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce.
Assigning the ScheduleOnce permission Set
- Sign in to Salesforce as your API User.
- Go to the Setup page.
- In the Administration section, go to Users -> Permission Sets (Figure 1).
In the Permission Sets pane, click ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce permission set (Figure 2).
On the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce permission set page, click the Manage Assignments button (Figure 3).
On the Assigned Users page, click the Add Assignments button (Figure 4).
- In the All Users list, check the box next to your API User and click Assign (Figure 5).
- Click Done.
- Go back to the Salesforce setup page in ScheduleOnce.
- After you refresh the page, the Installation tab will now be updated to show that you have completed Step 2: Assign ScheduleOnce Permission set (Figure 6).
ImportantThe API User must be connected to ScheduleOnce for the page to update correctly. Learn more about connecting the Salesforce API User
That's it! You've completed Step 2 of the Installation process. You can now proceed to Step 3, which is described in the Adding Custom fields to the Salesforce Activity Event layout article.