Resource pools allow you to dynamically distribute bookings among a group of team members in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic. Each Resource pool has its own method for distributing bookings, such as Round robin, Pooled availability, or Pooled availability with priority. This article explains the Pooled availability with priority distribution method and how to set up a Resource pool with Pooled availability with priority.
When should I use Pooled availability with priority?
Pooled availability with priority is a hybrid Distribution method which provides Customers with the maximum amount of time slots while also giving priority to specific team members. For example you may want to use Pooled availability with priority to distribute bookings to your tier-two support representatives. You want to provide maximum availability to Customers in need of tier-two support, while ensuring your most qualified support representatives conduct your meetings.
How are bookings assigned with Pooled availability with priority?
To distribute bookings among team members in your pool, you must add it to a Master page. When a Customer visits your Master page, they will your entire teams' combined availability. Once they select a time, the booking is automatically assigned to the available team member with the highest priority.
How do I create a Resource pool that uses Pooled availability with priority?
- Go to Setup, open the left sidebar and select Resource pools in the tools section.
- Click the blue button to create a new Resource pool. The New Resource pool pop-up appears. (See Figure 1)
- Name your Resource pool.
- Select Pooled availability with priority as the Distribution method.
- Select a Reporting cycle.
- Click Save & Edit. You will be redirected to the Resource pool Overview section.
- Navigate to the Resources section and select which Booking pages to include in the dropdown.
- Assign a priority to each Booking page in your pool. (See Figure 2)
- Make sure to add your Resource pool to a Master page. Bookings will not be distributed to pool members until the Resource pool is included in a Master page.