SMS notifications are purchased in packages of credits. You can purchase SMS credits in your OnceHub Account in the Billing→ Licenses section.
In this article, you'll learn about SMS pricing, purchasing SMS credits, and understanding your SMS balance.
How do SMS credits work?
- SMS credits can be purchased at any time. You pay for SMS credits as you purchase them.
- Once you've purchased SMS credits, they are immediately available for use by every User with a User License.
- SMS credits are deducted per SMS notification sent.
- SMS pricing is the same for every mobile number globally. We do not charge different prices or deduct more credits based on the destination.
- When you start a OnceHub account, you'll receive 25 free SMS credits to test out this feature. If you run out of credits, you can purchase additional SMS credits in the Billing→ Licenses section..
SMS credits are purchased in packages. Every standard SMS sent requires one SMS credit. A standard SMS is one that is 160 characters or less in length.
|Cost per SMS credit|
|100||USD 15.00||USD 0.15|
|200||USD 25.00||USD 0.125|
|500||USD 50.00||USD 0.10|
|1000||USD 90.00||USD 0.09|
|2000 or more||TBD||USD 0.08|
Requirements for purchasing SMS credits
To purchase SMS credits, you must be a OnceHub Administrator.
Purchasing SMS credits
- Select the gear icon in the top navigation menu → Billing→ Licenses.
- Click the Add credits button (Figure 1).
- In the Secure checkout page, select the quantity of SMS credits you would like to purchase.
- Click Proceed to payment.
- Select a payment method. You can choose from payment methods that are already on file or click use a new payment method to add and pay with a new payment method. By default, the payment is charged to your primary payment method.
- Click Submit payment.
- Your SMS credits are immediately available for use by any User in your account with a User license.
- The transaction is recorded in the Billing -> Transactions tab.
- You will receive an Order confirmation email with your invoice attached.
Understanding the SMS balance
To view your SMS balance, select the gear icon in the top navigation menu → Billing→ Licenses. Your SMS balance is displayed in the SMS box (Figure 2).
- Every standard SMS sent deducts one SMS credit from the SMS balance. A standard SMS is one that is 160 characters or less in length. SMS notifications that are longer require additional SMS credits.
- SMS credits are charged per SMS notifications sent, not delivered. OnceHub uses a robust stable network with a very high delivery success rate.
- OnceHub Administrators will receive an alert via the Notification center and via email when the SMS balance reaches 25% of the last SMS credits purchase and when the balance reaches zero.
For more information on how to monitor your account’s SMS usage, see our SMS log data article.