Who can switch?
Any ScheduleOnce User whose email account is on Office 365. If you’re experiencing any issues with our PC connector for Outlook, all the more reason to switch. However, the Office 365 integration does not support resource calendars and shared calendars yet. If you are using Exchange, you should connect your calendar using our Exchange integration.
What happens when I switch?
When switching, only the connection method is replaced, while the connected calendars remain the same. You are essentially reconnecting via another method to the same email account with the same calendars.
Enjoy the benefits of switching:
- Our Office 365 integration is completely secure and reliable.
- The advantages of the cloud: Always in real time and up-to date, independent of whether your PC is on or off, with full cross-platform support for any device.
- No data will be lost in the switch and all bookings that have not yet taken place will be added to your calendar.
Switching the connection method is completely seamless for Users that only use their default calendar. Busy time will still be retrieved from the same default calendar, all existing bookings will remain in the default calendar, and new bookings will keep being added to the default calendar.
Users that are using additional calendar folders will need to update their setup by reselecting the appropriate calendars in the Associated calendars section of each Booking page. In this case, all bookings that have not yet taken place will be added to your default calendar, and your Customers might receive another invitation to the same event in your default calendar (these invitations are beyond the control of ScheduleOnce).
How do I switch?
The switching procedure is fast and easy:
- Sign in to your ScheduleOnce account and go to Setup, open the left sidebar and select Integration -> Calendar integration.
- Click the “Disconnect” link and approve the disconnection in the confirmation pop-up.
- In the Office 365 box, click Connect. A new tab will open, asking you to enter your Office 365 credentials. Once you’re done, click Sign in.
- A green check-mark indicates a successful connection.
- Go to the Date-specific availability section of your Booking page and click to verify your busy time is retrieved from your connected calendar.
- Go to the Associated calendars section of your Booking page to select the calendars that you wish to use.
- Make a test booking on your Booking page to see the event created in your calendar.
- Optional: If you wish to uninstall the Outlook connector from your PC, you may do so by following Steps 1-4 in the connector upgrade article.
That’s it – you're done! Congratulations on your brand new direct connection to your Office 365 calendar.