Your bot can can offer scheduling to your visitors. They can schedule with any available team member with the right skillset. Alternatively, you can route them to book with a specific member suited for their audience, whether based on region, product interest, or anything else.
How does it work?
ChatOnce allows you to schedule with your visitors in the bot widget. This may be everyone who visits or you can narrow it down and only offer scheduling to qualified visitors, using routing rules.
Offering scheduling within the bot provides a seamless, in-widget experience for your visitors. They'll never leave your site as they book with the right team member.
To offer scheduling, any team members who will receive bookings need a paid ScheduleOnce license. Learn more
In ScheduleOnce, you can create one or more Event types, according to the meeting type(s) you'll offer your visitors. For instance, you can create an Event type called Demo to offer a 30-minute demo.
To create or edit an Event type, go to Setup -> ScheduleOnce setup -> Event types panel.
Each person receiving bookings will need their own Booking page. You can define their availability for meetings, configure how they'll meet with the visitor (through video session, by phone, in person, etc.), and more, specific to that person's requirements.
To create or edit a Booking page, go to Setup -> ScheduleOnce setup -> Booking pages panel.
To define who receives the booking, you can either specify a team, using a Resource pool, or an individual.
With a Resource pool, you can select multiple Booking pages owned by any qualified team members who can take the booking.
For instance, you can create a Sales Engineer resource pool and assign all bookings using either round robin or ScheduleOnce's pooled availability algorithm to distribute bookings evenly.
- With Round robin assignment, bookings will be assigned to the next team member in line. Visitors will only see the availability of the designated team member. This ensures an equal and fair distribution among the members of your pool.
Learn more about Round robin assignment
- With Pooled availability, your entire team's availability will be combined into a single booking calendar. When a Customer selects a time, the booking is automatically assigned to the team member with the longest idle time, meaning the Team member who has not received a booking in the longest time. Pooled availability allows you to provide maximum availability to your visitors.
Learn more about Pooled availability
- With Pooled availability with priority, your entire team's availability will be combined into a single booking calendar. When visitors select a time, the booking is automatically assigned to the available team member with the highest priority. This allows you to provide maximum availability to customers, while ensuring the most qualified team member conducts your meetings.
Learn more about Pooled availability with priority
To create or edit a Resource pool:
- Go to Setup -> ScheduleOnce setup and open the lefthand sidebar.
- In the Tools section, select Resource pools.
Scheduling action in ChatOnce
Once you've configured the right Booking page(s), Event type(s), and Resource pool(s), you can add the Scheduling action to your bot's conversation.
You'll select the correct Event type and Booking owner for that meeting. For the Booking owner step, you'll either select a Resource pool to book using a team or a specific Booking page to book with an individual.
If more than one team member from your organization should join the meeting, you can select them or the relevant Resource pool with the optional Additional team members field.
Salesforce and Infusionsoft integrations with ChatOnce are expected in 2021. Currently bookings do not integrate with these systems.
We recommend considering our Zapier integration to update these systems until the Salesforce and Infusionsoft integrations go live.