In this article, you'll find answers to some of the most common questions related to your iCloud Calendar connection.
Connecting to your iCloud Calendar
- Select your profile picture or initials in the top right-hand corner → Profile settings → Calendar connection. If you are switching connections, you must disconnect from your previous connection first.
- Click the Connect button next to iCloud Calendar.
- The Connect to iCloud Calendar pop-up will open. Enter your Apple ID and app-specific password and click Connect.
Most common questions
How does OnceHub connect with iCloud Calendar?
OnceHub communicates with your iCloud Calendar using the CalDav protocol. When you enter your credentials to connect OnceHub to your iCloud Calendar, your password is encrypted with AES-256 (Advanced Encryption Standard) and stored in our cloud database.
What is busy time caching?
To ensure fast performance, we employ a caching mechanism for the busy times in your connected iCloud Calendar.
Can OnceHub connect with shared iCloud Calendars?
ScheduleOnce can access an additional calendar that is not part of your iCloud account if the owner of that calendar has shared it with you. Learn more about sharing calendars in iCloud Calendar
How do I create an iCloud app-specific password for OnceHub?
Apple requires users to use app-specific passwords for all third-party applications such as OnceHub. An app-specific password is a single-use password for your Apple ID that lets OnceHub securely access the information you store in your iCloud calendar. To create an app-specific password, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Click Settings.
- Under Apple ID, click Manage.
- In the Security section, turn on Apple two-factor authentication if it is not on already. On older devices, use Apple two-step verification instead.
- Under App-Specific Passwords, click Generate Password.
- Enter a password label (for example, "OnceHub").
- Click Create.
- Once the app-specific password is generated, copy it.
You can now use your new app-specific password to connect OnceHub to your iCloud Calendar.
What happens if my Apple ID password changes?
If you change your primary Apple ID password, all your existing iCloud app-specific passwords are automatically revoked, and must be generated again. You will need to reconnect your OnceHub account using a new app-specific password.
Can I set Default iCloud Calendar reminders when events are created via OnceHub?
Yes, you can configure Default iCloud Calendar reminders in the connected iCloud Calendar.
Select your profile picture or initials in the top right-hand corner → Profile settings → Calendar connection and use the Default iCloud Calendar reminders drop-down menu to select the value that you want (Figure 1).
Can I disable the iCloud Calendar invite that is sent to my Customers?
In ScheduleOnce, you can disable the iCloud Calendar invite email by hovering over the lefthand menu and selecting the Booking pages icon → Event types → your Event type→ Customer notifications and unchecking the box that sends the iCloud Calendar invite email.
Note The Customer notifications section will be on the Event type if the Booking page is associated with at least one Event type. If your Booking page is not associated with any Event types, this section will be in the Booking page settings instead.
I cannot see my scheduled meeting in iCloud Calendar
In your iCloud Calendar, make sure that the calendar in which your meeting was scheduled is selected. Find it in the calendar list in the left bar and click it to select it.
You can also select the activity in the ScheduleOnce Activity stream, then click the action menu (three dots) in the right-hand pane and select View Calendar event (Figure 2).
Why do my busy times appear in wrong time slots?
This might be due to time zone differences between the account time zone in your iCloud account and the time zone on your Booking page. To change the time zone:
- In OnceHub: Go to the Overview section of your Booking page and edit the page's time zone.
- In iCloud: Sign into your iCloud account and click Settings. Under Time Zone/Formats, click on the currently selected time zone. The Time Zone & Formats pop-up will appear. You can then select a time zone on the map, or click the time zone name below the map and select a time zone from the menu. Finally, click Done.
I’m already connected with one iCloud account. How do I switch to another?
Your account can only be connected to one calendar at a time. If you want to switch from one iCloud account to another, you will need to disconnect the previous one and then connect the new one.
Disconnect your calendar by going to your OnceHub Account, select your profile picture or initials in the top right-hand corner → Profile settings → Calendar connection. Disconnect your iCloud account and reconnect with the new iCloud account.
NoteYou can switch your calendar connection accounts without having to switch your OnceHub Account.
I cannot connect - what should I do?
This may be due to temporary communication problems with the iCloud API. Please try the following options:
- Make sure you're using an iCloud app-specific password.
- Make sure cookies are enabled on your browser.
- Verify that you can login to your iCloud account.
- Try to connect again from OnceHub.
If you’re still seeing issues, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.