In this article, you'll find answers to some of the most common questions related to your iCloud Calendar connection.
Can I disable the iCloud Calendar invite that is sent to my Customers?
Yes, you can disable the iCloud Calendar invite email in ScheduleOnce -> Setup -> Relevant Booking page -> Customer notifications, and uncheck the box that sends the iCloud Calendar invite email.
NoteIf you have associated your Booking page with at least one Event type, the Customer notifications settings will in the Event type settings (Setup -> Event types) instead of under the Booking page settings. Learn more
How does OnceHub connect with iCloud Calendar?
OnceHub communicates with your iCloud Calendar using the CalDav protocol. Your credentials are encrypted using the AES two-way encryption, keeping your data safe and secure. Once a connection is established, OnceHub reads or writes to your iCloud calendar in real time and no data from iCloud is ever saved on our servers.
Can ScheduleOnce connect with shared iCloud Calendars?
Yes, ScheduleOnce is fully compatible with shared iCloud calendars.
Can I set default iCloud Calendar alerts when events are created via ScheduleOnce?
Yes, you can configure default iCloud Calendar alerts in the connected iCloud Calendar. To do so, go to Setup, open the left sidebar and select Integrations -> Calendar integration. Now, simply select an option from the Default iCloud Calendar alerts dropdown list.
I cannot see my scheduled ScheduleOnce meeting in iCloud
In your iCloud calendar, make sure that the calendar in which your meeting was scheduled is selected. Find it in the calendar list in the left bar and click it to select it. You can also select the activity in the ScheduleOnce Activity stream and click it to see a direct link to the iCloud Calendar event on the right hand pane.
Why do my busy times appear in wrong hours on ScheduleOnce?
This might be due to time zone differences between the account time zone in your iCloud account and the time zone on your Booking page. To change the time zone:
- In ScheduleOnce: Go to the Overview section of your Booking page settings, select the new time zone and save.
- In iCloud: Click your account name, then choose Account Settings. Click Time Zone, then click a time zone on the map. You can also click the time zone name below the map, then choose a time zone from the pop-up menu. Finally, click Done.
I’m already connected with one iCloud account. How do I switch to another?
The simplest way to switch between accounts is to disconnect your calendar and then connect again with a different Apple ID and password (open ScheduleOnce, then Setup, open the left sidebar, and select Integrations -> Calendar integration). Note that you can switch your calendar connection accounts without having to switch your login account.
I cannot connect - what should I do?
This may be due to temporary communication problems with the iCloud API. Please try the following:
- Make sure you are using an iCloud app-specific password.
- Make sure cookies are enabled on your browser.
- Verify that you can login to your iCloud account.
- Try to connect again from OnceHub.
How do I create an iCloud app-specific password for OnceHub?
Apple requires users to use app-specific passwords for all third party applications such as OnceHub. An app-specific password is a single-use password for your Apple ID that lets OnceHub securely access the information you store in your iCloud calendar. To create an app-specific password:
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Turn on Apple two-factor authentication if it is not on already. On older devices use Apple two-step verification instead.
- In the Security section of your Apple ID account page, click Generate Password below App-Specific Passwords and give it a title (e.g. OnceHub or any name).
- Once the app-specific password is generated, copy and paste it into the iCloud connection box in your OnceHub account.
If you’re still having problems, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.