Pop-up chatbots will pop up after a visitor clicks a specific button or link on your website. This is useful for engaging with visitors in specific areas of your website, so you can learn more about them and qualify them further.
Create the bot
- In OnceHub, go to Setup -> ChatOnce.
- Click on the Create bot button and select Pop-up bot.
Create the bot as you prefer, either from scratch or using a template.
If an existing pop-up bot is close to what you're wanting, you can duplicate that one instead by clicking the three-dot menu by that bot and selecting Duplicate.
When you've added the interactions you want, routed them, and designed the bot as you like, navigate to the Publish tab.
Choose between two publishing options
- Lightbox: Opens over the whole website when clicked by the visitor and captures their attention completely.
- Widget: Pops up on the bottom right of the screen, within a chat frame. The visitor interacts with your bot within the widget and can still scroll through the website page.
Install the code
Grab the code you need for your website.
- On the Publish page, choose the publishing option you want (see above).
- Copy the code.
On your website
Add the code to your website on each individual page where you want the chatbot. This may involve creating an html widget, block, or some other custom html element, depending on how you build your website and which service hosts it.
That's it! Your website can now display your pop-up bot in the place you added it.