Using audiences helps you tailor the chat experience for each subset of visitors as they navigate through your website. You can segment website visitors into audiences and target them with relevant conversations. Throughout unlimited websites, you can use this to target audiences in a specific region, associated with a campaign, based on their activity, and other personalized options.
What is an audience?
An audience is a group of website visitors who meet specific parameters, as defined by you in ChatOnce. This could be where they're located (based on their IP), a specific campaign you're running (identifiable by landing page or UTM code), how many times they've visited your website, or how many times they've engaged with a ChatOnce bot on your website.
A visitor's behavior may trigger a bot to pop up on the website, prompting a conversation. This happens if they meet the parameters of the audience you've defined and if their behavior fits the targeting parameters. Their behavior is defined based on the time they've spent on the site (for instance, if they've stayed longer than 15 seconds) and the current page URL they're on (for example, the pricing page may be targeted with a different bot than the home page).
ChatOnce identifies whether a visitor meets the parameters for a specific audience when they arrive at your website. Each time they arrive, a new session is started. If they leave the page, a session resets 30 minutes after they loaded the last page view.
When you create a new audience, you can configure one from scratch or select from a pre-configured template to edit based on your preferences.
On the Audiences page in ChatOnce, you will identify your audiences. You can create one or more rules for each audience you create, based on multiple parameters.
Possible parameters include:
- Country: The country of the visitor, based on their IP address.
- UTM campaign: Arriving to your website through a specific UTM campaign identified in the URL.
- Landing page URL: The landing page URL through which they entered your website.
- Visits to website: How many times they've visited your website (based on sessions, resetting after 30 minutes inactivity). New visitors have visited one time. Return visitors have visited more than one time.
- Previous conversations: How many times they've engaged with a bot on your website. This includes any time they replied to the initial message, even if they did not continue.
- Contact field: Information gathered on a contact from a previous visit, such as company size, product interest, or any other fields you define in OnceHub. Learn more about contact fields
When you've finished identifying audiences, we recommend building your bot conversation(s) next.
Route visitors to meet with the right team
You may have a separate landing page for each vertical you're targeting through popular Google searches, with content catering to their needs and interests.
As your website visitors navigate to your website, ChatOnce will identify them by their vertical, based on the relevant landing page.
Each bot they see can have its own unique messaging and also be configured to route the audience for that vertical to the right sales team in your organization.
New and returning visitors
You can create separate audiences for new website visitors and returning website visitors. By providing different content to new visitors vs. returning, you'll present the right context for drawing their notice and taking the next step toward a successful, engaging interaction.
For instance, new visitors probably aren't familiar with your services, whereas returning visitors have already seen your website and may be closer to conversion.
You can be more specific with returning visitors as well, based on the number of times they've visited or a field value they provided on their last visit, perhaps when they engaged with a bot. Someone who has already engaged with a bot or returned multiple times likely has a higher intent and more engagement than one who has returned just once, or returned but didn't engage.
You can create a higher intent audience by creating a special Audience just for visitors who already answered out a specific question on their previous visit. You can select a bot curated to personalize this Audience's experience even further. For instance, "Welcome back! Still interested in learning more about ABC Product?"
Target visitors who returned multiple times by setting the number of visits to 5, or whichever amount you consider indicates a higher intent toward conversion.
Once you've identified these audiences, you can create bots with conversations relevant to their experience, such as:
- First time visitors welcome bot
- First time visitors pricing bot
- Returning visitors welcome bot
- Returning visitors pricing bot
- Highly engaged returning visitors