This is a User step by step guide to set up delegation in Outlook client on your PC as part of a corporate connection to Exchange. Follow these steps only when instructed to do so by your Exchange administrator, because they need to make some organization level setting before you begin to delegate.
Delegation means that you permit a dedicated Exchange mailbox to create and manage events on your behalf. You must delegate if your organization is using Exchange integration in Delegation mode. If you are using Office 365 or Outlook Web App (OWA) in your web browser, see the Office 365 delegation guide instead.
- Open Outlook on your PC.
- Click File -> Account Settings -> Delegate Access (Figure 1).
- In the Delegates window click the Add button (Figure 2).
- In the Add Users window select the dedicated mailbox, ScheduleOnce in this example (Figure 3). Click the Add button at the bottom and click OK. If ScheduleOnce mailbox is not present, ask your Exchange administrator to create it first.
- In the Delegate Permissions window (Figure 4), set the Calendar to Editor permissions. Check the “Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me”. Then click OK.
- In the Delegates window (Figure 5), select the last option “My delegates and me” and click OK.
That's it - you're done! Your calendar is delegated to the dedicated Exchange mailbox and connected to your ScheduleOnce app.
How can I set the “From” address for delegate meeting invitations?
To set the “From” address for delegate Exchange folders, an Exchange administrator can set “Send on Behalf” and “Send As” permissions for a delegated Exchange mailbox.
- Send on Behalf allows the delegate to select the delegator’s account in the From field. The recipient of the meeting invitation will see the following in the From field: "From: Mailbox <delegate's address> on behalf of Mailbox <your address>". "Send on Behalf" permissions can also be set by a delegator in Outlook by selecting File->Info->Account Settings-> Delegate Access-> and select the delegate and set all Folders to None.
- Send As allows the delegate to send invitations that appear to come from the delegator.