Who can switch?
Any ScheduleOnce User whose email account is on Office 365. However, the Office 365 Calendar integration does not support resource calendars and shared calendars for ScheduleOnce yet. Resource calendars are supported for InviteOnce.
If you're using Exchange, you should connect your calendar using our Exchange integration.
What happens when I switch?
When you switch, only the connection method is replaced, while the connected calendars remain the same. You are essentially reconnecting via another method to the same email account with the same calendars.
For Users that only use their default calendar, busy time will still be retrieved from the same default calendar. All existing bookings will remain in the default calendar, and new bookings will keep being added to the default calendar.
How do I switch?
Follow these steps to switch from the PC connector to a direct Office 365 Calendar connection.
- Sign in to your OnceHub account.
- In ScheduleOnce, go to Setup.
- Open the left sidebar and select Integrations -> Calendar integration.
- Click the Disconnect link and approve the disconnection in the confirmation pop-up.
- You can now connect OnceHub to your Office 365 Calendar using an encrypted Exchange Web Services (EWS) connection or an encrypted OAuth 2.0 connection.
- After you've connected your Office 365 Calendar, go to the Date-specific availability section of your Booking page and click to verify your busy time is retrieved from your connected calendar.
- Go to the Associated calendars section of your Booking page to select the calendars that you wish to use.
- Make a test booking on your Booking page to see the event created in your calendar.
- Optional: If you wish to uninstall the Outlook connector from your PC, you may do so by following Steps 1-4 in the connector upgrade article.
That’s it – you're done! Congratulations on your brand new direct connection to your Office 365 calendar.