The Office 365 corporate connection mode enables Users to connect to their Office 365 Calendars via one mailbox only. This method is an alternative to the personal connection mode, where each User is required to connect individually and provide their own Office 365 account credentials. The corporate connection method is available for a fee to large accounts.
Why connect with a corporate connection?
Corporate connection to Office 365 provides several important advantages:
- Security: Only one password per account is provided to OnceHub. The credentials belong to the dedicated mailbox, which is empty and contains no sensitive information. Learn more about how your sign-in credentials are stored and protected by OnceHub
- Centralized management: The Office 365 admin has full control over the entire account connection from the dedicated mailbox.
- Changing password: The admin may change the dedicated mailbox password at any time and notify OnceHub about the change, immediately renewing the calendar connection for the entire account.
The Admin maintains full control over every aspect of the calendar connection and the Members of the account keep working without interruption.
How does the corporate connection work?
In corporate mode, only one dedicated mailbox is connected to the OnceHub Account, and all events are synced via the dedicated mailbox.
- A dedicated mailbox is set up by an Office 365 admin.
- All Users that accept bookings must delegate their main calendar to the dedicated mailbox. Delegation can be configured either centrally by an Office 365 admin, with no action required from the Users, or by each User individually.
See these articles for delegation instructions for individual Users: Delegating in Office 365 and Outlook Web App (OWA) or Delegating in Outlook client.
- Only the dedicated mailbox is connected to the OnceHub Account, and not individual Users. OnceHub only stores one set of credentials in an encrypted format.
- Only Users' busy time is retrieved from Office 365 via the dedicated mailbox. The specific details of calendar events will remain private.
- ScheduleOnce bookings are added to the respective Users' calendars.
Sounds right for your account? Contact us to proceed.