The Exchange Calendar corporate connection mode enables connection to Exchange calendars via one mailbox only. This method is an alternative to the Personal connection mode, where each User is required to connect individually and provide their own Exchange account credentials. The Corporate connection method is available for a fee to large accounts.
Why connect with a corporate connection?
Corporate connection to Exchange provides several important advantages:
- Security: Only one password per account is provided to OnceHub. The credentials belong to the dedicated mailbox, which is empty and contains no sensitive information. Learn more about how your sign-in credentials are stored and protected by OnceHub
- Centralized management: The Exchange admin has full control over the entire account connection, by managing the dedicated mailbox alone.
- User calendar access: Access to the calendars of specific Users is managed via delegation. Calendars that should not be connected to OnceHub are simply not delegated.
- Changing password: The admin may change the dedicated mailbox password at any time, and notify OnceHub about the change, immediately renewing the calendar connection for the entire account.
The Admin maintains full control over every aspect of the calendar connection and the Members of the account keep working without interruption.
How does the corporate connection work?
In corporate mode, only one dedicated mailbox on the Exchange server is connected to the OnceHub Account, and all events are synced via the dedicated mailbox.
- A dedicated mailbox is set up on the Exchange server by an Exchange admin.
- All Users that accept bookings must delegate their main calendar to the dedicated mailbox. Delegation can be configured either centrally by an Exchange admin, with no action required from the Users, or by each User individually. See delegation instructions for individual Users: Delegating in Office 365 and Outlook Web App (OWA) or Delegating in Outlook client.
- Only the dedicated mailbox is connected to the OnceHub Account, and not individual Users. OnceHub only stores one set of credentials in an encrypted format.
- Users' busy time is retrieved from Exchange via the dedicated mailbox (Free/Busy only, no details).
- ScheduleOnce events and InviteOnce meetings are added to the respective Users' calendars.
Sounds right for your account? Contact us to proceed.