In this article, you will learn how to connect to your Office 365 Calendar with an app-specific password and an encrypted Exchange Web Services connection.
When you connect to your Office 365 Calendar with an app-specific password, you are permanently authenticating the OnceHub application with your Office 365 Calendar. App-specific passwords never expire, which ensures that OnceHub will connect to Office 365 continuously and without interruption.
Using app-specific passwords guarantees a secure and encrypted connection, and can be used for both personal and corporate accounts.
To connect to your Office 365 Calendar using an app-specific password
In order to create an app-specific password, you will need to ensure that multifactor authentication is set up for yourself or for the User you are trying to connect.
To check whether multifactor authentication is enabled:
- Open your Office 365 admin center and select the Active users tab.
- Click on the drop-down labeled More. From the list, select Multifactor Authentication setup (Figure 1). This will open a new page.
- Here you can see which Users have already been set up with Multifactor authentication (Figure 2). Select the Users that you would like to assign Multifactor authentication to and click Enable.
- Click enable multi-factor auth (Figure 3). When the update finishes, close the pop-up.
You can now create an app-specific password for a User.
To create an app-specific password
- To create an app-specific password, log in to your Office 365 admin center.
- Open the User account by clicking on your profile image or initials in the top right corner of the screen and selecting My account.
- Open the Security and Privacy tab (Figure 4).
- Select Additional Security Verification. Then, click Create and manage app passwords (Figure 5). This will open a new page.
- Click the Create button. A pop-up will appear prompting you to create the password (Figure 6). Once you have entered a name to help you remember the password, click next.
- Your new password will appear. Copy the app password to your clipboard, then return to the Calendar integration page in ScheduleOnce.
- In the Office 365 Calendar box, click Connect.
- A pop-up will appear asking for your Outlook email and password.
- Enter your Office 365 email address and the new app-specific password that you've just created.
- Click Next to complete the connection process.
You’re all set! You can now continue your Office 365 calendar setup.