When you connect to your Office 365 Calendar with an app password, you are permanently authenticating OnceHub with your Office 365 Calendar. App passwords never expire, which ensures that OnceHub will connect to Office 365 continuously and without interruption. Using app passwords guarantees an encrypted connection, and can be used for both personal and corporate accounts. Learn more about how your sign-in credentials are stored and protected by OnceHub
In this article, you'll learn how to create an app password to use when you connect OnceHub to your Office 365 Calendar.
To enable multi-factor authentication in Office 365
In order to create an app password, you'll need to ensure that multi-factor authentication is set up for yourself or for the User that you're trying to connect.
To check whether multi-factor authentication is enabled, follow these steps:
- Open your Office 365 admin center and select the Active users tab.
- Click on the action menu (three dots) drop-down. From the list, select Setup multifactor authentication (Figure 1). This will open a new page.
- Here you can see which Users have already been set up with multi-factor authentication (Figure 2). Select the Users that you would like to assign multi-factor authentication to and click Enable.
- Click enable multi-factor auth (Figure 3). When the update finishes, close the pop-up.
You can now create an app password for a User.
To create an app password
- Sign in to your Office 365 admin center.
- Open the User account by clicking on your profile image or initials in the top-right corner of the screen and selecting My account.
- Open the Security and Privacy tab (Figure 4).
- Select Additional security verification. Then, click Create and manage app passwords. This will open a new page.
- Click the Create button. A pop-up will appear prompting you to create the password (Figure 6). Once you have entered a name to help you remember the password, click next.
- Your new password will appear (Figure 7). Copy the app password to your clipboard and use it when you connect in OnceHub.