The ScheduleOnce Website widget publishing option can be added to any page on your website, allowing your Customers to schedule without leaving your website. It can also be used as part of your lead generation strategy. This scheduling method creates an effective call to action, motivating your leads and prospects to schedule with you while browsing your website.
The website widget is a multi-channel engagement tool that also supports the submission of email inquiries and allows you to prominently display your contact phone number. The widget text and design can be customized and the scheduling lightbox is fully brandless.
In this article, you'll learn about the Website widget publishing option.
When should I use a Website widget?
This publishing option is available to all website visitors and therefore, is best used when implementing the BOLD marketing strategy.
To embed a scheduling pane on your website, you must be a webmaster for your company's website, or have direct access to your company website’s code.
Adding a Website widget to your website
- Click Share & Publish in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Website button tab (Figure 1).
- In the Widget header step, enter a title for your widget and select a color for the header.
- In the Widget layout step, select which elements will be included in your widget. Then, use the dropdown menus to customize the order in which each element will appear on the widget. In the Try me! pane, you'll see a preview of your widget.
- Booking button: Adds a button to your widget. When the Customer clicks the button, it opens your Booking page or Master page in a themed lightbox (overlay pop-up).
- Email inquiry: Allows your prospects and Customers to submit a quick inquiry note. When the Customer submits the inquiry, they will receive a confirmation email and you will be sent the note.
- Phone number: Displays your organization's phone numbers, allowing prospects and Customers to get in touch.
- In the Widget content step, edit the content for each element in your widget (Figure 3).
- Booking tab: Edit the button text and the text surrounding the button. Then, select the Booking page or Master page for your widget.
- E-Mail tab: Edit the button text and the text surrounding the button. Then, add a post submission message that the Customer will see after submitting their note.
- Phone tab: Edit your phone number.
- In the Widget code step, select which side of the screen you want to add the Widget to.
- Left widget button: Adds the widget to the bottom left corner of any website or web page.
- Right widget button: Adds the widget to the bottom right corner of any website or web page.
- Click the Copy button to copy the code to your clipboard.
- Paste the code into your website in the correct location.
The code can be placed anywhere in the page code, preferably just before the closing </body> tag.It can be added to any or all of your pages. A handy shortcut to add the widget to all your pages is to place the widget code into the code of the website footer.
If you have some basic understanding of CSS, you can apply further customization (widget design and lightbox height) on top of the core settings.
The Website widget is responsive and automatically adjusts to desktop and mobile devices. ScheduleOnce handles the lightbox height in one of two ways:
- Fixed height: This is the default option and height is set to 580 pixels. You can change the default height to any number you wish by changing the height property in the code.
- Responsive height: This will automatically adjust the height to the frame content. To use this method you must delete the height property in the code.
Restrictions for the Website widget
- The widget and lightbox are an HTML 5 app and are not supported on old browsers, including Microsoft Internet Explorer Learn more about our System requirements