When you schedule on behalf of a Customer, you have the option to view time slots that conflict with events in your calendar. Additionally, you can choose to schedule your meeting in the conflicting time slot anyway. This allows you to provide maximum availability to your Customers.
For example, if you are not seeing a time at which you know you should be available, it may be that a reminder in your calendar is set to busy, and is therefore blocking your time. Using the Show conflicts option, you can view the calendar event that is blocking your time. If a Customer wants to schedule the meeting for a time that does not appear as available, you can schedule in a conflicting time slot anyway and adjust your calendar later.
How does InviteOnce retrieve availability?
- InviteOnce works directly with its Users' connected calendars in real time. Any events in your calendar that are labelled as ‘busy’ will be blocked in InviteOnce.
- By default, conflicting times are not shown when you are selecting a meeting time slot.
How to show time conflicts:
- Select the Schedule on behalf scheduling option.
- Once you have entered your meeting details, available time slots will be displayed on the right-hand side.
- Open the action menu (three dots) and check the Show conflicts box.
- Conflicting time slots will be displayed and marked with an orange tag (Figure 1).
- To view the conflicting calendar event, hover over the orange tag.
- When coordinating a meeting for another Team member, if you have more than free/busy access to their calendar you will be able to view the event that the Team member has scheduled at that time.
- Select the desired time slot. A pop up will appear asking you to confirm your meeting details (Figure 2). Details about the conflicting calendar event are also displayed here.
- Click Next to manually override the conflicting event and continue scheduling your meeting.