When you Schedule on behalf of a Customer, you have the option to view time slots that conflict with events in your calendar. Additionally, you can choose to schedule your meeting in the conflicting time slot anyway. This allows you to provide maximum availability to your Customers.
For example, if you're not seeing a time at which you know you should be available, it may be that a reminder in your calendar is set to "Busy", and is therefore blocking your time. Using the Show conflicts option, you can view the calendar event that is blocking your time. If a Customer wants to schedule the meeting for a time that does not appear as available, you can choose to schedule in a conflicting time slot and adjust your calendar later.
How does InviteOnce retrieve availability?
- InviteOnce works directly with your connected calendar in real time. InviteOnce supports Google Calendar, Office 365 Calendar, Exchange/Outlook Calendar, and iCloud Calendar. Any events in your calendar that are labelled as "Busy" will be blocked in InviteOnce.
- When coordinating a meeting for another Team member, availability can be retrieved for any Team members who have a supported calendar connected to OnceHub.
- If a Team member does not have a calendar connected to OnceHub, availability can still be retrieved using calendar sharing. The User scheduling the meeting must have a calendar connected to their OnceHub Account and have at least free/busy access to the other Team members' calendars. Availability is retrieved from the calendar associated with each Team member's email ID and can only be retrieved from each Team member's main calendar.
Note Retrieving availability using calendar sharing is not supported for iCloud Calendar.
- By default, conflicting times are not shown when you're selecting a meeting time slot.
How to show time conflicts
- Select the Schedule on behalf scheduling option.
- Once you have entered your meeting details, available time slots will be displayed on the right-hand side.
- Open the action menu (three dots) and check the Show conflicts box. Conflicting time slots will be displayed and marked with an orange tag (Figure 1).
- When scheduling for yourself, you'll be able to see what the conflicting event on your calendar is.
- When coordinating a meeting for another Team member who has a supported calendar connected to OnceHub, you can view the availability of the Team member. The specific details of any conflicting event will remain private. Learn more about how availability is retrieved for InviteOnce
- If the Team member does not have a calendar connected, you can view the event if you have more than free/busy access to their calendar. Learn more about time conflicts
- To view the conflicting calendar event, hover over the orange tag. Select the desired time slot. A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm your meeting details (Figure 2).
- Click Next to manually override the conflicting event and continue scheduling your meeting.