InviteOnce simplifies the process of coordinating meetings for your team. Whether you're scheduling on behalf of a Customer or inviting them to self-schedule, you can schedule meetings for other Team members, add alternative Team members, or assign a Team member via a Resource pool.
Once the meeting has been scheduled, it will be added to each Team member's calendar and they will receive an email notification with all of the meeting details.
There are a few requirements that need to be fulfilled to create a team meeting.
- In order to schedule a meeting for another Team member, they must exist as a User in your OnceHub Account. Learn more about adding Users to your account
- When scheduling meetings for other Team members, you must have a calendar connected to your OnceHub Account. Learn more about connecting your calendar
- InviteOnce can retrieve availability from Team members who have a supported calendar connected to OnceHub. InviteOnce supports Google Calendar, Office 365 Calendar via EWS, and Exchange Calendar.
- If a Team member does not have a calendar connected to OnceHub, you must have at least free/busy access to the Team member's calendar. Learn more about how availability is retrieved for InviteOnce
Assign specific Team members to a meeting
When you assign specific Team members to a meeting, available time slots are retrieved from the Team member's connected calendar.
To schedule a meeting for another Team member, select their name from the Team member drop-down in Step 1 of the Invite to self-schedule or Schedule on behalf process. You have the option to add any number of Team members to the meeting.
Add an alternative Team member
When you add alternative Team members to a meeting, the availability of all selected Team members is pooled. When a time slot is selected for the meeting (by you or the Customer), only one of the available Team members is assigned to the meeting.
This setup is useful when more than one Team member is able to conduct a meeting and you would like to maximize time slot availability.
To add an alternative Team member to your meeting, click (Add alternative) next to the name of the Team member who is already assigned. You can add any number of alternative Team members to a meeting.
Resource pools allow you to dynamically assign meetings among a group of Team members in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic. Each Resource pool has its own method for assigning meetings.
You can select any number of Resource pools to add to the meeting. For example, this is useful when you want to schedule an interview with a candidate. You may need a Team member from the Recruitment team as well as a Team member from the Sales team to be assigned to a meeting.
By creating Resource pools and adding them to the meeting, Team members will be assigned to the meeting based on the Resource pool's Assignment method.
- Strict round robin: When scheduling a meeting with a Resource pool that has a Strict round robin Assignment method, meetings can only be scheduled with the next Team member in line. Available time slots are calculated based on the availability of that Team member. Learn more about Strict round robin assignment
- Flexible round robin: When you schedule a meeting, the next Team member in line is automatically assigned to the meeting. However, you can choose to manually override the selection. This is useful if the original Team member doesn't have enough available time slots. Learn more about Flexible round robin assignment
- Pooled availability: If you choose the Pooled availability Assignment method for a Team member Resource pool, available time slots are calculated based on the Pooled availability of all Team members.