We generally recommend switching from our PC connector for Outlook to our direct Exchange/Outlook Calendar connection. OnceHub communicates with your Exchange/Outlook Calendar using the Exchange Web Services (EWS) API, a well-established official Microsoft protocol. All credentials and data traffic are fully encrypted. Learn more about how your sign-in credentials are stored and protected by OnceHub
Who can switch?
Any OnceHub User whose email account is on any kind of Exchange server: On-premises Exchange, Exchange Online, or Office 365. However, the Exchange integration does not support resource calendars for ScheduleOnce yet.
Resource calendars are supported for InviteOnce.
NoteIf you are using Office 365, you can connect your Office 365 Calendar using our Office 365 Calendar integration.
What happens when I switch?
When you switch, only the connection method is replaced, while the connected calendars remain the same. You are essentially reconnecting via another method to the same email account with the same calendars.
For Users that only use their default calendar, busy time will still be retrieved from the same default calendar. All existing bookings will remain in the default calendar and new bookings will keep being added to the default calendar.
How do I switch?
- Sign in to your OnceHub Account.
- Go to Setup -> ScheduleOnce setup.
- Open the left sidebar and select Integrations -> Calendar integration.
- Click the Disconnect link and approve the disconnection in the confirmation pop-up.
- The OnceHub Account Calendar connection page will open.
- Click the Connect button next to Exchange/Outlook Calendar (Figure 1).
- The Connect to Exchange/Outlook Calendar pop-up will appear.
- Enter your email address and password, as you normally would to log into your mailbox via Outlook or any other method. Click Connect.
- If the connection is successful, the pop-up closes and you should see confirmation that you are connected to your Exchange/Outlook Calendar.
- Optional: If you want to uninstall the Outlook connector from your PC, you can do so by following Steps 1-4 in the connector upgrade article.
Checking your connection
You can verify your connection in ScheduleOnce in the following ways:
- Go to the Date-specific availability section of your Booking page to verify your busy time is retrieved from your connected calendar.
- Go to the Associated calendars section of your Booking page to select the calendars that you wish to use.
- Make a test booking on your Booking page to see the event created in your calendar.
You can verify your connection in InviteOnce in the following way:
- Make a test meeting booking by scheduling on behalf to see the event created in your calendar.