Booking calendars allow you to cater for complex scheduling situations with simple settings.
Read on to learn more about the scheduling settings available in booking calendars.
You should have set up your availability during onboarding, but if you need to tweak your settings, you can learn how to do that in this article. Here, you can adjust your availability by selecting your work days, available hours or timeslots, and override your recurring available hours for once-off engagements.
The same meeting subject will be visible to you and your customer, so name your calendar something appropriate and relevant to the meeting. This is the only name that you and your customers will see, so be sure to clearly communicate the nature of the meetings scheduled by this calendar. (Figure 2)
To set an individual meeting host, select one user from the Meeting host dropdown menu. This means that the user selected will be the sole owner of the meeting. (Figure 3)
Scheduling with multiple users
There are two types of team-scheduled meetings: Multiple host and distributed, which are detailed below.
Multiple host meeting
This setup allows your customers are able to book a time to meet with multiple team members simultaneously. (Figure 4)
To create a meeting hosted by a team of users, also termed a panel meeting, you must select multiple hosts. Click on the Meeting host dropdown menu, and select the meeting owner. Then, to add more hosts, click on + Additional team members. From the dropdown menu, select the team members you would like to have in the meeting, and press Done to add them.
NoteYou can also select a team of users as opposed to individual users. Read on below to learn how to make a team!
This setup uses dynamic distribution to select a meeting host from a team of members.
In order to setup a distributed meeting, you will first need to make a team.
If you have already grouped users into a team, you can skip this part.
To make a team:
Making a team is only available to OnceHub accounts which have multiple users registered.
- Click the gear icon on the top right of the OnceHub screen
- Select Teams (Figure 5)
- On the Teams page, select Add team to create a new team
- Name your team
- Select the users you would like on the team from the dropdown menu
- Click Add and then Save to finalize the creation of your new team
Now that you have made a team, you can create a distributed meeting.
Back on the booking calendar creation page, select the Meeting host dropdown menu. At the bottom of the list, select the option A member of [your team name]. This will create bookings among any available members of that team, and offers a choice between two distribution methods. (Figure 4)
Using 'any available team member' displays every user in the team's availability to the customer, and allows them to choose a time most convenient for themselves, maximizing the availability offered.
Using a round-robin distribution selects from distributes bookings among your team with a priority that all members of the team will have equal opportunities for meetings. This prioritizes a fair distribution among your team, but can result in less availability being shown to visitors.
Time slot settings
There are four options for customizing the time slots of meetings.
- Duration: Choose the meeting's length from 15-60 minutes, or enter your own custom meeting duration.
- Lead time: Set a custom time frame within which customers are unable to schedule meetings with you. This is useful if, for example, you are offering a meeting which requires some time beforehand to prepare for. Select the number and unit of time measurement from the dropdown menu to configure lead time.
- Time frame limit: Set how far into the future your availability is shown to customers. This is useful if you don't want customers to book meetings so far in advance that the meeting is forgotten about. Select the number and unit of time measurement to configure the time frame limit.
- Buffer time: Set a buffer before the start and end of meetings. This setting is useful if you need time in between two meetings. Select the number and unit of time measurement to configure the buffer time.
Once you're done configuring your settings, click Save to create your new booking calendar.