With ScheduleOnce, you can automatically distribute bookings to Team members according to rules you define. Rules can be defined for Master pages using Rule-based assignment, and can either be Dynamic or Static.
With Static rules, bookings are assigned according to global settings. Meeting providers are determined by the existing associations between Event types and Booking pages. This means that you can only offer Event types that are associated with the Booking pages included on your Master page.
TipWe recommend that when you create a new Master page using Rule-based assignment, you should always use Dynamic rather than Static rules. Dynamic rules give you more flexibility, allowing you to create rules and associations that can be different for each one of your Master pages. You can also generate one-time links which are good for one booking only, eliminating any chance of unwanted repeat bookings. One-time links can be personalized, allowing the Customer to pick a time and schedule without having to fill out the Booking form. Learn more about one-time links
Static rules should only be used if you want to use the Find member by time distribution method. With Find member by time, Customers visiting your page first select a time and then are presented with the Booking pages available at that time.
In this article, you'll learn about using Static rules.
To set up a Master page with Static rules, you must a OnceHub Administrator.
Setting up a Master page with Static rules
- Create a Master page by clicking the Plus button in the Master pages pane.
- In the Scenario field of the New Master page pop-up, select the Rule-based assignment scenario (Figure 1).
- Populate the pop-up with a Public name, Internal label, Public link, and an image if you choose. Then click Save & Edit. You'll be redirected to the Master page Overview section to continue editing your settings.
- Go to the Assignment section of the Master page.
- In the Rule types section, select Static (Figure 2).
- In the Distribution method section, select the method for distributing the bookings made on your Master page (Figure 3). Bookings can be distributed in one of three ways: Pooled availability, Pooled availability with priority, or Find member by time.
- Next, scroll down to the Included Booking pages section and select the Booking pages you want to include from the drop-down (Figure 4). Only Booking pages that are associated with Event types can be selected in the Master page.
You'll see which Event types are associated with each of the Booking pages you selected. These Event types will be offered on your Master page.
- If you're using Pooled availability with priority as your distribution method, assign a priority to each of the Booking pages. When a Customer selects a time, bookings will be assigned to the Booking page with the highest priority available at that time.
- Click Save.