ScheduleOnce recommends that when you create a new Rule-based assignment Master page, you should always use Dynamic rather than Static rules. Static rules should only be used if you want to use the Find member by time distribution method. With Find member by time, Customers visiting your page will first select a time, and then be presented with the Booking pages available at that time.
With Static rules, bookings are assigned according to global settings. Meeting providers are determined by the existing associations between Event types and Booking pages. This means that Master pages with Static rules, you can only offer Event types that are associated with the Booking pages included on the Master page.
How do I set up Static rules?
- Create a Master page with the scenario Rule-based assignment.
- Go to the Assignment section of the Master page. In the Rule types section, select Static.
- In the Distribution method section, select the method for distributing bookings made on your Master page. Bookings can be distributed in one of three ways: Pooled availability, Pooled availability with priority, or Find member by time.
- Next, scroll down to the Included Booking pages section and select the Booking pages you want to include from the drop down. You will see which Event types are associated with each of the Booking pages you selected. These Event types will be offered in your Master page.
- If you are using Pooled availability with priority as your distribution method, assign a priority to each of the Booking pages. Bookings will be assigned to the Booking page with the highest priority available at the selected time.
- Press Save and you are all set!