With Schedule on behalf, InviteOnce gives you the opportunity to pick a time on behalf of the Customer. This is useful when you have a Customer on the phone and want to immediately schedule a meeting between them and another Team member.
For example, if your Account Executive is on a discovery call that is going well, she might want to schedule the prospect for a product demo with a Sales Technician. The Account Executive can view the Sales Technician's availability and schedule a meeting on the spot, instead of saying goodbye, sending them an email and then waiting for a response. Scheduling on behalf saves time for both you and your Customer.
When you choose to Schedule on behalf, InviteOnce automatically displays all available time slots based on the specific meeting requirements you've defined.
You can easily set rules on-the-fly or use a ready-made template for meetings whether they are:
- A one-on-one or Panel meeting.
- Scheduled for yourself or coordinated for others.
- Targeted to a specific Team member or automatically assigned.
- Conducted virtually or in a system-reserved conference room.
When you set your meeting details, you have the option to create a Panel meeting. Panel meetings allow you to assign a meeting to multiple Team members simultaneously. When choosing a time slot in which to schedule a meeting on the Customer's behalf, you will be presented with the combined availability of possible panel combinations from which to pick a time. Learn more about Panel meetings
When you are creating a Panel meeting, you have the option to:
- Assign multiple independent Team members to a meeting invitation.
- Add alternative Team members to a meeting invitation to maximize availability.
- Invite an Optional team member to join the meeting, regardless of their availability.
- Create dynamic panels that use Resource pools to assign a Team member or Room. Learn more about InviteOnce Resource pools
When you Schedule on behalf of a Customer, the InviteOnce algorithmic scheduling engine does all the heavy lifting including working out available time slots based on your meeting requirements and, if required, reserving a Room for your meeting. You can also enable InviteOnce to create a calendar event and send the Customer an email notification. Learn how to Schedule on behalf of a Customer
Understanding time conflicts
If there are not enough available time slots, or a Customer wants to schedule the meeting for a time that does not appear as available, you have the option to view conflicting time slots and schedule the meeting anyway.
- When scheduling for yourself, you will be able to see what the conflicting event on your calendar is.
- When coordinating a meeting for another Team member, if you have more than 'free/busy' access to their calendar you will be able to view the conflicting event that the Team member has scheduled at that time. Learn more about understanding time conflicts
Scheduling with Rooms
- Assign one or more Rooms directly to a meeting invitation.
- Add one or more alternative Rooms to a meeting invitation.
- Add one or more Room Resource pools to the meeting. Learn more about scheduling with Rooms
Schedule on behalf FAQ
Read our Schedule on behalf FAQ for answers to common questions about scheduling on behalf of a Customer using InviteOnce.