When you are working in advanced secure mode, you do not need to use the ScheduleOnce permission set and can control the permissions assigned to the connected API User. In this case, you must ensure that the API User’s assigned profile has the necessary permissions that allow the connector to create and assign records.
In this article, you will learn how to customize the API User's profile for the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce.
To customize the API User's profile, you will need
- A Salesforce Administrator for your organization
- A Salesforce API User
The Salesforce API User
To connect to ScheduleOnce, the Salesforce API User's User License must be Salesforce. The Salesforce User license is designed for users who require full access to standard CRM and Force.com AppExchange apps. Users with this user license are entitled to access the ScheduleOnce connector for Salesforce managed application.
Customizing the API User's profile
- Log into your Salesforce organization as an Administrator
- Under Setup, go to Users > Profiles
- Create or update the Profile associated with the API User.
- Click Edit to set the security permissions.
- Under the Record Type Settings section, make sure that you assign the Record types that connected Salesforce Users should have access.
- Under the Administrative Permissions section, make sure the API Enabled box is checked
- Under the General User Permissions section, make sure the Edit Events box is checked
- Under the Standard Object Permissions section, make sure that Read, Create, Edit, and Delete permissions are checked for:
- When finished, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Congratulations! The API User's profile is updated with the appropriate permissions for the connector to create and assign records in Salesforce.