Resource pools allow you to dynamically distribute meetings among a group of Rooms or Team members in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic.
Each Resource pool can have its own method for assigning meetings. As meetings are scheduled, you will be able to monitor how many meetings each Team member is assigned to and ensure an optimal distribution of meetings at any point in time.
You can create as many Resource pools as you need to meet your organization’s requirements. In this article, you will learn how to create a Resource pool.
To create Resource pools, you must be a OnceHub Administrator.
To create a Resource pool:
Go to Setup and select the Resource pools section (Figure 1).
Click the Create a Resource pool button. The New Resource pool pop up appears (Figure 2).
- Define the properties for your Resource pool. Note that these properties cannot be changed once the Resource pool has been created.
Name - Name the Resource pool according to what it represents. For example, if the pool will group together Team members in the Sales department, name the pool Sales team.
Resource pool type - Select whether this Resource pool will be made up of Team members or Rooms.
Assignment method - Select a method for assigning meetings to Team members in the pool. The right method depends on each team’s requirements.
- Strict round robin - This method is organization-focused and should be used if you want to ensure a fair and equal assignment among team members. When scheduling, available time slots will be calculated based on the availability of the next Team member in line.
- Flexible round robin - This is a hybrid method that should be used if achieving an equal distribution of meetings is important, but you would still like to retain some level of flexibility when it comes to meeting assignment. When you schedule a meeting, the next-in-line Team member is automatically selected but you can choose to manually override the selection.
- Pooled availability - This method is Customer-focused and should be used if you want to provide Customers with the maximum number of time slots. When scheduling, available time slots will be calculated based on availability of all Team members in the pool. When you or your Customer selects a time slot, the meeting is assigned to the Team member with the longest idle time.
- Measurement cycle - Choose the Measurement cycle for your Resource pool. This determines how often the statistics for your pool will be reset. The Measurement cycle can be monthly, quarterly, or go on continuously. Select the measurement cycle you use in your organization to ensure your scheduling stats are fully aligned with your business metrics.
Click Save & edit. You will be redirected to the Resource pool’s Overview section. This section gives you a summary of your Resource pool’s main properties and shows real-time meeting metrics once the Resources in your pool are assigned to meetings.
- To add your Team members or Rooms to the pool, simply go to the Resources section and select the Team members or Rooms you want to add from the drop down menu. You can add as many Team members or Rooms as you like.
Your Resource pool is ready! To start assigning meetings to your pool members, simply select your Resource pool in the Team member field in Step 1 of the scheduling process. Once your pool starts being assigned to meetings, you will be able to view how many meetings each Team member has received and how many were removed.