In the article, you'll find answers to some of the most common questions related to inviting a Customer to self-schedule.
Which calendar connections does InviteOnce support?
Can I set up Rooms using a G Suite calendar?
Yes. Your G Suite Administrator can add resource calendars to your organization's G Suite account to represent Rooms. Any InviteOnce User can then add those Rooms to InviteOnce and assign them to a meeting. Learn more about adding Rooms & Equipment
A User must have access to the Room's resource calendar in order to add it to a meeting. If the User does not have access, InviteOnce will not be able to retrieve availability from the calendar or create an event in the calendar to block out the time slot.
What happens after the end date of the meeting time frame?
Every invitation has a defined meeting time frame, which you set in Step 2 of the Invite to self-schedule process. Customers are only able to schedule a meeting within the defined meeting time frame. If the meeting time frame passes, the invitation expires and the Customer will no longer be able to schedule the meeting.
To allow your Customer to schedule a meeting with you, you will need to create a new invitation and send it to them.
Can a Customer schedule more than one meeting with a single invitation?
No. Once the meeting has been scheduled, the Customer will not be able to schedule a meeting using the same link. If they re-open the link, they will see the following message:
What happens after the Customer schedules a meeting?
Once the Customer picks a time, the confirmed meeting is added to your calendar and the Customer’s calendar, any Rooms assigned to the meeting are reserved, and a confirmation email is sent to the Customer as per the confirmation settings set by the User.
Can I send an invitation from my own email address or instant messaging?
Yes, you can. When you create an invitation to self-schedule, you can select to copy the meeting links to your clipboard and send them yourself. Learn more about inviting a Customer to self-schedule
- In Step 3: External participant notification, select Copy meeting links to your clipboard and send yourself (Figure 2).
- Click Create invitation.
- Click the Copy links button to copy the meeting links to your clipboard.
- You can then send these links to your Customer via email or instant messaging.
How does Time zone conversion work in InviteOnce?
You can view and edit your invitation's Time zone conversion settings in Step 3 of the Invite to self-schedule process. Scroll down and click Show advanced settings… (Figure 3).
If Time zone conversion is ON (Figure 4), the External participant's time zone is automatically detected by InviteOnce, and time slots are displayed in the External participant's local time. This is the recommended configuration.
When Time zone conversion is enabled, you can decide whether or not to prompt the External participant to confirm their auto-detected time zone before scheduling the meeting.
If Time zone conversion is OFF, time slots are displayed in the meeting time zone set by the User in their User profile.
How can I control the meeting calendar event?
You can view and edit your calendar event settings in Step 3 of the Invite to self-schedule process. Click Show advanced settings… to access the calendar event settings (Figure 4).
In the Calendar event settings, you have the following options:
- Create meeting in calendar: Click the drop-down menu underneath this field to select which calendar you would like your meeting to be added to. This drop-down automatically shows you which calendars you have write access to. By default, your own calendar is selected.
- Calendar event title: This is the title of the calendar event. By default, the calendar event title is the Meeting subject and the name of the External participant. You can edit the calendar event title here.
- Create calendar event as private: This toggle allows you to manage the status of the calendar event.
- When toggled ON, the calendar event and meeting details will only be visible to people that have "Make changes to events" level of access or higher.
- When toggled OFF, all details of the calendar event will be visible to people you have shared your calendar with.
Why does my Customer see the "No times are currently available" message when they try to schedule a meeting?
InviteOnce only allows an invitation to be created if at least one time slot is available at the time of sending. If the Customer chooses a time slot that has already been booked by the time the Customer tries to schedule, they will see a "time slot unavailable" message (Figure 5). The Customer can click the View available time slots button to see more time slot options.
If all the time slots in the meeting time frame have been booked by the time the Customer tries to schedule, they will see a "No times are currently available" message (Figure 6).
To allow your Customer to schedule a meeting with you, you will need to create and send a new invitation to them with an extended meeting time frame, or free up additional times in the relevant Team members' calendar.