In the article, you'll find answers to some of the most common questions related to Rooms & equipment.
How can I find a Room's email address?
There are two methods to find a Room's email address in Google Calendar:
Find the Calendar ID in the Room's calendar settings
- Open your Google Calendar.
- In Settings, click Add calendar.
- Select Browse resources (Figure 1)
- Check the checkbox next to the Room calendar that you want to add.
- Exit Settings.
- In the left sidebar, find the Room calendar and click on the action menu (three dots) -> Settings.
- In the Integrate calendar section, copy the Calendar ID (Figure 2).
Retrieve the entire organization Room list using a Google API
- Open Resources.calendars: list in the Google API's explorer.
- Click the EXECUTE button (Figure 3).
- A pop-up will appear asking you to choose an account.
- Select your organization's Room calendar. The organization's Room list will be retrieved.
- In the results, look for the "resource Email" field. This is the Room's email ID.
Office 365 Calendar
To find the email address of a Room in Microsoft 365 admin center, you must be an Office 365 Admin for your account.
- In Microsoft 365 admin center, click Show all in the left sidebar (Figure 4).
- Select Resources -> Rooms & equipment (Figure 5).
- On the Rooms & equipment page, look for the email address of the Room that you need (Figure 6).
To find the email address of a Room in Exchange admin center, you must be an Exchange Admin for your account.
- Go to the Exchange admin center dashboard.
- In the recipients section, click resources (Figure 7).
- On the resources page, look for the email address of the Room that you need (Figure 8).
How do I add delegates to a Room in Office 365?
If you have connected OnceHub to Office 365 Calendar via Oauth 2.0, or previously connected to Office 365 Calendar via EWS and have disconnected and reconnected via Oauth 2.0, you must be added to a room as a delegate before you can add the room in InviteOnce.
To add a User as a delegate to a Room in Office 365, you must be an Office 365 administrator for your account.
- In Microsoft 365 admin center, click Show all in the left sidebar (Figure 9).
- Select Resources -> Rooms & equipment (Figure 10).
- On the Rooms & equipment page, select the Room that you want to add delegates to (Figure 11).
- In the Room pane in the Delegates section, click Edit (Figure 12).
- Click Add delegates.
- Select the Users that you want to add as delegates by checking the checkbox next to their names (Figure 13).
- Click Save.
Can I add Rooms in bulk?
Yes. Multiple Rooms can be added at the same time by separating the email addresses with a comma, semi-colon, space or by adding them in separate lines. Learn more about adding Rooms & Equipment
Can I name a Room?
Yes. Your Room name doesn't have to be the same name as in your organizational calendar.
To define a Room name, use the following syntax when adding a Room: “Room name”<Room email address>
Why does the Couldn't access calendar error message appear when I try to add a Room?
This means you don't have access to that Room's email calendar.
To fix this, ensure that you have access to the Room's calendar and check that there are no spelling errors in the Room email address.
If you're connected to Office 365 Calendar via OAuth, your Office 365 administrator must add you to a Room as a delegate before you can add it in InviteOnce. Learn more about adding delegates to Rooms
Why does the Availability cannot be retrieved message appear when I try to reserve a room while scheduling a meeting?
You might not have access to the Room's calendar. If you do not have access to a Room’s calendar, you will not be able to reserve it for a meeting. Ask your account Administrator to give you access to the Room's calendar. Learn more about scheduling with Rooms
Do I need to schedule with a specific room, or can InviteOnce find one for me?
Rooms can be reserved in many ways. You can:
- Assign one or more specific Rooms directly to a meeting invitation.
- Add one or more alternative Rooms to a meeting invitation. In this case, the availability of all selected Rooms is pooled to maximize availability. When a time slot is selected, an available Room is assigned to the meeting.
- Create a Resource pool for your Rooms. When you schedule a meeting, you can add one or more Resource pools to the meeting and a Room will be reserved based on the Resource pool's Assignment method. Learn more about reserving a Room or multiple rooms for scheduled meetings
How can I delete a Room?
To delete a Room, click the Delete button next to the Room name in the Rooms & Equipment tab (Figure 14).