Find member by time is a hybrid Distribution method that combines automatic and manual assignment. When you use the Find member by time distribution method, the Customer selects a time from a combined calendar and is then presented with all the Booking pages that are available at that time. The Customer then selects a Booking page and the booking is assigned to it.
Find member by time is useful when you have a large team, or when Team members are equally capable and the time selection is more important than the selection of a Team member.
Find member by time is not limited to Team members only. It can also be used with resources, locations ,or anything else that a Booking page represents.
How are bookings assigned with Find member by time?
When a Customer selects a time on your Master page, ScheduleOnce first checks which Booking pages are available at the time selected by the Customer. Then, these pages are presented to the Customer and the Customer makes the final decision.
Using Find member by time with Static rules
- Create a Booking page for each member, resource, or any other entity that you would like to automatically assign. Don't configure any Booking page settings yet.
- To use Find member by time, you must use at least one Event type. You can use multiple Event types or a single Event type if you only have one meeting type. If you use one Event type, the system will automatically select it for the Customer.
Note All Event types used in Find member by time must use Automatic booking mode. Find member by time is not possible in Booking with approval mode.
- Associate your Event types with your Booking pages in the Event types section of the Booking page (Figure 1). If you've created just one Event type, all the Booking pages that are used with Pooled availability should be linked to this Event type.
- You can now configure the rest of the settings on the Booking pages and the Event types.
NoteIf you have Booking pages with different time zones, the Time zone conversion setting for displaying time slots in your Customer's local time must be enabled in the Time slots section.
- Go back to Setup and create a new Master page.
- Select Rule-based assignment as the Master page scenario.
- In your newly created Master page go to the Assignment section and follow these steps:
- In the Rule types section, select Static.
- In the Distribution method section, select Find member by time.
- Finally, in the Included Booking pages section, select the Booking pages whose availability you would like to combine into one single booking calendar. You can add or remove Booking pages from here at any time.
- Next, go to the Labels and instructions section and define the Public labels that your Customers will see. Here, you can also define selection instructions for your Customers.
You're all set! You can test the page by clicking the Customer link in the Share & Publish section of the the Master page's Overview section.