Resource pools allow you to dynamically assign meetings among a group of Team members in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic. Each Resource pool has its own method for assigning meetings, such as Strict round robin, Flexible round robin or Pooled availability.
This article explains the Strict round robin Assignment method and how to set up a Resource pool with a Strict round assignment.
When should I use Strict round robin?
This method is organization-focused and should be used if achieving an equal assignment of meetings is most important. For example, you may choose to use Strict round robin to assign demos or initial consultations to Account Executives. Each Account Executive will have an equal opportunity to achieve their sales goals.
How are meetings assigned with Strict round robin?
When scheduling a meeting with a Resource pool that has a Strict round robin Assignment method, Meetings can only be scheduled with the next Team member in line. Available time slots are calculated based on the availability of the next Team member in line.
How do I create a Resource pool that uses Strict round robin?
- Go to Setup -> Resource pools.
- Click the Create a resource pool button. The New Resource pool pop-up will appear (Figure 1).
- Enter a name for your Resource pool based on what it represents. For example, "Account Executives".
- Select Members as your Resource pool type.
- Select Strict round robin as your Assignment method.
- Choose the Measurement cycle for your Resource pool.
- Finally, click Save & Edit.
- You will be redirected to the Resource pool Overview section. Go to the Resources section and select which Team members to include in the drop-down menu.
Congratulations! You are now ready to schedule meetings with your Strict round robin Resource Pool.
NoteIf you want to use the Round robin Assignment method, but you’re looking for more flexibility to manually override the assignment and select any other Team member from the pool, consider using the Flexible round robin Assignment method.