This article is updated to our latest release, which is being rolled out to all Users gradually.
If you see a Schedule button in the top navigation menu, you are viewing the updated version of OnceHub. Otherwise, you can expect to see this in the near future. Please contact us with any questions.
Resource pools allow you to dynamically distribute meetings among a group of Team members or Rooms in the same department, location, or with any other shared characteristic. Each Resource pool has its own method for assigning meetings, such as Strict round robin, Flexible round robin or Pooled availability.
This article explains the Pooled availability distribution method and how to set up a Resource pool with Pooled availability.
When should I use Pooled availability?
This method is availability-focused and should be used if providing the maximum number of time slots is most important. For example, you may want to use Pooled availability to assign onboarding or support sessions to your Customer success team.
How are bookings assigned with Pooled availability?
- Team members - If you choose the Pooled availability Assignment method for a Team member Resource pool, available time slots are calculated based on the pooled availability of all Team members. When a time slot is selected, the meeting is automatically assigned to one of the available Team members with the longest idle time (the Team member who has not been assigned to a meeting recently).
- Rooms - Pooled availability is the only Assignment option available when you create a Room Resource pool. When you schedule a meeting, available time slots are calculated based on the pooled availability of all Rooms in the pool. Once a time slot is selected, the meeting is automatically assigned to an available Room with the longest idle time. Learn more about adding Rooms to InviteOnce
How do I create a Resource pool that uses Pooled availability?
- Go to Setup -> InviteOnce setup -> Resource pools.
- Click the Create a Resource pool button. The New Resource pool pop-up appears (Figure 1).
- Name your Resource pool based on what it represents. For example, Account Executive or Boardrooms.
- Select Members or Rooms as your Resource pool type.
- Select Pooled availability as the Assignment method.
- Select a Measurement cycle.
- Click Save & Edit. You will be redirected to the Resource pool Overview section. Navigate to the Resources section to add Team Members or Rooms to the pool.
Congratulations! You are now ready to schedule meetings with your Pooled availability Resource Pool.